HBO Renews Treme for Fourth and Final Season

Well, half a fourth season. Simon is looking at ?between four and six hours of programming? to end the narrative.

Simon commented on the renewal announcement

?We are going to be back for a season 3.5. HBO, upon viewing the 10 (season-three episodes) that we gave them and what we?ve done, they want to see the end of the story. They fought very hard to give us half a loaf. We?re going to take it and run.?

The first three seasons are 10, 11, and 10 episodes, respectively. So what exactly is half a loaf? Hitfix reached out to Simon to clarify:

?HBO has offered us a lump sum to budget a conclusion toTremeand we are trying to figure out how to stretch that amount in the best possible way. Right now, we are tentatively looking at anywhere between four and six hours of programming, depending on a variety of things. It?s half a loaf, but it represents a sincere effort by Mike Lombardo and Richard Plepler to end the narrative properly. We?ll do the best we can with the story arcs and try to conclude Tremein a resonant way.?

[x]

• 2 weeks later...

While watching this week's episode, I suddenly came to the realisation that 'Treme' is truly perfect television.

Honestly, I cannot fault one second of it. From the superb acting and inter-twined plot lines, to the beautiful cinematography, diverse soundtrack, and wonderful 'atmosphere' of the show. Everything about this show is just perfect.

Highly recommended. I'm rather surprised it doesn't receive greater praise or attract larger audiences.