2015 predictive analytics

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,721 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:53

Can't argue with a bit of that. What is very sad is that all U.S. tech firms seems to employ the same strategy and that may shoot them in the foot one day. It makes very little sense to actively shift jobs away from the very consumers that are supposed to buy these dandy toys. One would think people employed in the tech industry would have some foresight, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

It costs too much in the states. If you had a business and your competitor had cheaper labor for the same product line you would have to do the same. Made in the USA does not bring in enough consumers to justify it.

#17 Ethan C. Nobles

Ethan C. Nobles

Neowinian

• 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:23

It costs too much in the states. If you had a business and your competitor had cheaper labor for the same product line you would have to do the same. Made in the USA does not bring in enough consumers to justify it.

Does it cost too much? Could Apple (or anyone else) get by with a 100 percent profit margin rather than 300 percent? One should think so. I'd wager the decision to build overseas has less to do with competitive pricing than it does with increasing profit margins as much as possible. That will come back to haunt us in the longterm.

#18 The King of GnG

The King of GnG

Knight and King of the Great Hell Village

• 450 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:09

Sh*t always grows....

#19 keuka

keuka

Neowinian

• 729 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:24

Here's some Apple USA Jobs...
http://www.engadget....al-photographs/

How many of Apple's retail brick and mortar stores are in the US?
How many data centers and planed data centers?

True, many jobs overseas but a few here as well and more coming.

#20 CG-88

CG-88

||Modified||

• 762 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 625

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:28

Apple may not grow faster, but the idiocracy of fanboys does...

This!

When you are quite literally a cult, it isn't hard to suck your members dry of every dime they have.

Worth on paper is just that.. worth on paper.. if their iphone dries out and people don't want it anymore and they lose their brand hype which is already happening btw.. that 600+ billion is going to quickly become near nothing. It's all smoke and mirrors.

So true!! It just makes me wonder though at what point will people realize there are better alternatives out there to the iPhone?

#21 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,977 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 24 September 2012 - 14:00

The are worth so much now in cash..not just stocks right? I mean they have CASH in the vault. Even if the stock drops to nothing..they have BILLIONS in the bank for reserves unlike other companies.

Nokia was in the same position yet now their stock is rated "Junk" by credit ratings agencies and their cash reserves are fast disappearing; if it can't make a dramatic turnaround then it will either become insolvent or be bought up by a competitor.

Just take a look at Apple products: the iPod has already peaked and become irrelevant; iMac sales have never been great; the iPad will be facing very heavy competition; and the iPhone is starting to receive a lot of negative press and fast heading the way of the iPod. Without innovative new products that can be successfully marketed Apple doesn't have any future worth. That said, such a scenario seems unlikely at this point.

#22 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,574 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 14:51

Apple now has over $100 BILLION in Cash Reserves

Apple should buy Facebook stock. :shifty:

#23 keuka

keuka

Neowinian

• 729 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 17:17

Apple should buy Facebook stock. :shifty:

I think Apple should buy Nintendo.
I think they should also Start their OWN Wireless Communication Service Company or buy up one like AT&T
I think they should also buy up Yahoo! to provide their own search engine and start with some base resources.

Think of the possibilities..

#24 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,529 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 17:21

Posted Image

#25 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,721 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 17:59

Nokia was in the same position yet now their stock is rated "Junk" by credit ratings agencies and their cash reserves are fast disappearing; if it can't make a dramatic turnaround then it will either become insolvent or be bought up by a competitor.

Just take a look at Apple products: the iPod has already peaked and become irrelevant; iMac sales have never been great; the iPad will be facing very heavy competition; and the iPhone is starting to receive a lot of negative press and fast heading the way of the iPod. Without innovative new products that can be successfully marketed Apple doesn't have any future worth. That said, such a scenario seems unlikely at this point.

Nokia at its hey day was 40$ a share. Not same as Apple at $684 today. Also I can fine no mention of Nokia having a 100billion in CASH. I know they had 62$ billion invested at one time off of there 40$ a share networth but not CASH reserve. So this is much different. Yes I believe Apple is on the downfall too but it will be a slow and steady ride and not lead to bankruptcy like Nokia.

You cannot talk of future products. No one can who knew the ipad, iphone would be popular. Most experts were saying who cares its a fad, blah blah. They still are selling this year, next year too.

#26 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,721 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 18:05

Does it cost too much? Could Apple (or anyone else) get by with a 100 percent profit margin rather than 300 percent? One should think so. I'd wager the decision to build overseas has less to do with competitive pricing than it does with increasing profit margins as much as possible. That will come back to haunt us in the longterm.

Many companies use FOXcon. There are like 10+ American companies that use it. Why get 100 percent profit margin when you can get 300? Large companies need to make profit to give the shareholders.

#27 kevpan815

kevpan815

Apple Developer Program + Ubuntu Tester

• 732 posts
  • Phone: Apple IPhone 5 Running IOS 6.1 Beta 3!

Posted 24 September 2012 - 19:50

I guess you did NOT see today's News Story on MacRumors that Apple's IPhone 5 Foxconn Plant in China was Shut Down today due to Riots!

#28 BoredBozirini

BoredBozirini

Bozrini Tringuini

• 3,804 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 21:09

Worth on paper is just that.. worth on paper.. if their iphone dries out and people don't want it anymore and they lose their brand hype which is already happening btw.. that 600+ billion is going to quickly become near nothing. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Posted Image

See you in the next earnings report.

#29 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 22:09

I have no doubt they'll make it within a year. People love their products.