iPhone 5 Aluminium Back

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 56

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:13

I heard bad things about the glass back on the iPhone 4, and immediately bought a Moshi metal case, which I've used with the iPhone exclusively since then. Had it for a year and a half and the front is still scratch free as well! :p

Posted Image

#17 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Phone: Nexus 5 (Android 4.4.2)

Posted 25 September 2012 - 13:29

it's the exact oposite though, it's the fact that it is indeed anodized that it is so scratch prone. I'm not sure if it's their process of anodizing it that's the problem or what, but it's been proven that raw aluminum isn't even as scratch prone as the anodized aluminum on the iPhone 5.

just look at this article and some of the comments on it http://www.iphonehac...ratch-test.html it's really bad just how scratch prone it really is

Wow. :|

#18 CJEric

CJEric

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 September 2012 - 13:42

One thing I found interesting. Have a look at this video. You can see how the iPhone's backside looks badly scratched in that one, but it looks pristine again after merely wiping the surface with your finger:

Attached Images

• wiping.png

#19 Josh_LosAltosHills

Josh_LosAltosHills

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 5. Waiting on New Nokia Phones

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:27

the back of mine is ok, but the sides are rubbing off. this is pretty pathetic. someone said to use a sharpie and it looks ok but should you have to do that to a new phone? alot of people on the web are making excuses but a phone thats not been out a week shouldnt have wear on it. apple will release a $50 case and everyone will be fine with it. I will be passing this phone down when the WP's come out.

#20 Bad Booster

Bad Booster

Evil Mastermind

• Phone: iPhone 5 16GB, iPhone 4S 16GB, iPad 2 16GB WiFi

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:15

^ Looks like this phone will need a bumper to protect the edges.

#21 Linkin Park

Linkin Park

[LINKIN PARK]

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:26

Just put a case on it. It's sucks that they went with the metal back, the apple logo is the first thing that's going to get scratched up like hell. On the 4/4S, it was under glass (plastic?), which was perfect.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!