Set NetLimiter to limit uTorrent upload bandwidth - not working

I have used the two "Global Upload Rate Limited" settings within uTorrent, they do not work for me.

So I installed NetLimiter Pro 3.0.0.11.

I used NetLimiter to set an upload limit of 28 KB/s for uTorrent but uTorrent is still uploading at the maximum my connection can handle (which is killing my general browsing speed).

Any ideas?

post-645-0-40976100-1348574946.jpg

Make sure "Alternate upload rate when not downloading" is not checked under the Global Maximum upload rate check box or it will ignore this limit unless you are downloading something in uTorrent

Capture.PNG

Are you on a university/work network or something where there might be other people downloading?

Nope, at home with a dedicated LAN connection.

Guys, this topic is about NetLimiter not working.

Nope, at home with a dedicated LAN connection.

Guys, this topic is about NetLimiter not working.

If uTorrent & NetLimiter are ignoring their own rules, do you have anything installed that could be overriding them? Not sure what would do it, maybe a VPN / Proxy software ?

Do you need to set any allow rules for Netlimiter in your Firewall ?

If uTorrent & NetLimiter are ignoring their own rules, do you have anything installed that could be overriding them? Not sure what would do it, maybe a VPN / Proxy software ?

Do you need to set any allow rules for Netlimiter in your Firewall ?

No VPN/proxy.

I don't use a firewall.

NetLimiter installs a network driver so I'd be surprised if anything needs adjusting on the router. I could be wrong.

There is NO reason to use netlimiter,

Lets fix the ROOT issue vs trying to patch something with 3rd party tools.

So lets see your limit not working via utorrent.. Grab your favorite linux distro torrent or whatever else you might want that your seeing this upload issue on and lets see the graph of the upload speed and it not working.

Example - testing with http://releases.ubun...d64.iso.torrent - now my upload limit was at 132, then I set it to 28 since I thought that was what you set, then changed it to 24.. You see all those changes on the graph, and you see exactly what I am uploading, etc. So lets see your issue vs you thinking utorrent is not limithing. How do you know there is not something else on your network using up the pipe?

post-14624-0-88238900-1348579735_thumb.p

How do you know there is not something else on your network using up the pipe?

post-14624-0-88238900-1348579735_thumb.p

Because I have an issue with it using TOO much bandwidth and not enough, perhaps?

Look at the settings I posted above. I use the uTorrent graph and the upload rate is over 300 KB/s (350 KB/s overhead).

And let us see that graph - you didn't post any graph that I see. And you also have it set to use more upload slots if your speed is not at least 90%, I would uncheck that if your worried about uploading.

edit: One thing the graph will show us for sure is what utorrent has the limit set too, and what your sending. I find it hard to believe that if actually set for a limit of 24, that it would be sending 350.. Makes NO sense at all. Please post a graph showing this so we can all be sure we are looking at the same thing. And that in fact utorrent is taking your setting, maybe there is something in advanced or something that has been tweaked? Or something is just corrupted and utorrent is not seeing your setting of 24? I want to make sure there is no confusion between KBytes and Kbits -- also I don't believe that global limit takes into account local peers?