Soldier with hiccups shot in the face

(CNN) -- A soldier at Fort Hood, Texas, was charged with manslaughter after his gunplay went awry while trying to scare another soldier out of the hiccups and ended in death, authorities said Tuesday.

Both soldiers, joined by a third man, were drinking alcohol and watching football at the time of the Sunday night incident, authorities said.

"The victim had the hiccups. The suspect pulled out a gun to scare him in order to stop the hiccups," said spokesman Carroll Smith of the Killeen, Texas, Police Department.

Killed was Pfc. Isaac Lawrence Young, 22, of Ash Grove, Missouri, a motor transport operator at the Army base, the military said

Pfc. Patrick Edward Myers, 27, was charged on Tuesday with manslaughter, and Justice of the Peace Garland Potvin set his bond at $1 million, police said.

Police responded to a shooting shortly after 10 p.m. Sunday and found a man shot in the face and two other men at the residence, Killeen police said.

Myers allegedly "produced a handgun and while handling it in an unsafe manner, discharged the handgun striking the victim in the face," police said.

Young was pronounced dead during the ambulance transport to Skylark Field, where he had been scheduled for an airlift to a hospital, authorities said.

source

It just shows how there is a segment of American culture that revolves around guns being the solution for everything. And I have to admit, in this case they did so very effectively.

I fixed that for you. Please realize not all Americans endorse or for that matter even own guns.

So to say our entire culture revolves around them is quite frankly insulting to those of us who do not, and know for a fact not all Americans do.

Then again, I see you are from Amsterdam, so I am assuming you are high on marijuana and who knows what else and probably terribly depressed considering there is a very strong probability that the women in your life are out whoring themselves in the windows of some seedy shops in the Red Light District, since as an American I know that is all your culture is good for.

See what I did there. :laugh:

Idiot. First thing this guy learned in firearm safety is to not point it at anyone unless you intend to kill, period.

Reminds me of a story recently in Houston where two coworkers were messing with guns and knives, and one of the coworkers shot and killed the other on accident. Imbeciles.

Then again, I see you are from Amsterdam, so I am assuming you are high on marijuana and who knows what else and probably terribly depressed considering there is a very strong probability that the women in your life are out whoring themselves in the windows of some seedy shops in the Red Light District, since as an American I know that is all your culture is good for.

See what I did there. :laugh:

I'm completely amazed by the fact you're even able to name something about a place outside of the United States. Of course everything you know is from watching FOX News because you're most likely too fat to fit through the door and see the actual world for yourself.

See what I did there? ;)

• Like 4

I'm completely amazed by the fact you're even able to name something about a place outside of the United States. Of course everything you know is from watching FOX News because you're most likely too fat to fit through the door to see the actual world for yourself.

See what I did there? ;)

I don't. You made a sweeping generalization of an entire country of people, so, he did the same thing back, showing you it isn't right grouping a whole of people, into one group. But this comment falls under neither, and more as an insult, which is downright rude.

<snip>

I'm glad you changed your comment, your previous one was very callous.

But seriously, I thought the number one rule of guns is, you don't point them at anyone (in this instance)

Gun safety 101. Lock him up for being stupid.

I don't. You made a sweeping generalization of an entire country of people, so, he did the same thing back, showing you it isn't right grouping a whole of people, into one group. But this comment falls under neither, and more as an insult, which is downright rude.

It was a joke lighten up. Of course I wasn't being serious and I know not all 350 million Americans think alike. :)

It wasn't meant as an insult at all, nor did I take DirtyLarry's post seriously. Not for a second, trust me.

I'm glad you changed your comment, your previous one was very callous.

Yeah sorry about that, didn't type it myself. Someone else in the room did. Wasn't my cup of tea either so I changed it. :/

the issue is.. the shooter acted irresponsibly and will be held accountable. he pulled the trigger. always handle a gun as if it is loaded. that and the alcohol played a role.

one bad apple to give everyone a bad name

It was a joke lighten up. Of course I wasn't being serious and I know not all 350 million Americans think alike. :)

It wasn't meant as an insult at all, nor did I take DirtyLarry's post seriously. Not for a second, trust me.

Fair enough. It didn't come off that way, though. It does get unnerving to always hear people generalize us, even in a joking manner sometimes. Still, my bad. =/

Fair enough. It didn't come off that way, though. It does get unnerving to always hear people generalize us, even in a joking manner sometimes. Still, my bad. =/

If I was being serious I wouldn't have put that wink at the end. Do you have any idea how many Americans live in Amsterdam or visit the city? I wanna bet I know more about your country than you do of mine. :laugh: