Photo

iPad vs MiniNotebook !? Please advise for which one to buy?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 wellofsouls

wellofsouls

Neowinian

Posted 02 October 2012 - 15:30

How about an Asus Transformer Pad, it has good keyboard, somewhat cheaper than iPad, can use USB mouse, and as a tablet, you can watch movies and read books comfortably on sofa or bed. The battery lasts quite well too, at least 12 hours non-stop web browsing action with the keyboard dock.(more than iPad I think)

#17 kevpan815

kevpan815

Apple Developer Program + Ubuntu Tester

• Phone: Apple IPhone 5 Running IOS 6.1 Beta 3!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:13

That is true, I just took a peek at Dell's WIndows 8 Preorder's Available and noticed that you can Pre-Order a Dell Inspiron 15 with a 15.6 Inch Screen, 720P Resolution, Intel I3 Processor, and Windows 8 X64 Edition!

Forgot to mention that it also had 4GB'S DDR 3 RAM.

#18 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:15

i have both. I have an ipad and netbook 11inch. I find my self using the ipad more for viewing content. Movies, internet, picture, games, music. But I use my netbook for organizing. Now as for traveling. I travel international several times every few months. I now only travel with the ipad with adapter to charge at any hotel or airport.

For battery life both last around 10 hours each. but the ipad just makes it easier to travel. less weight by far. If you really wanted to get into making documents you can get a small keyboard and app and it still is lighter than a netbook.

#19 Jose_49

Jose_49

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:28

Just to let you know that if you decide to take on the netbook, look for one that does not come with Atom processor. Those are freaking slow. You'll be regretting not getting something better.

My best bet is a Celeron or an AMD processor right away, which are common on 11" netbooks. You'll get decent battery life (4~hours) and the keyboard will be big enough to type on it.

#20 OP NoUserName

NoUserName

No Title

Posted 23 October 2012 - 19:08

I've bought this Acer AspireOne
But mine upgraded to 4 GB ram ddr3 1066 and 1 TB HDD.
Using windows windows 7 home premium 64x, and may upgrade to windows 8 later on.
and bought a nice suite bag for it.
= 405.515 USD

#21 ipad3ifan

ipad3ifan

Neowinian

Posted 01 November 2012 - 16:38

Hi, below are the improvements of the new iPad.
  • New Retina Display
  • Better Camera
  • Dual Core Latest Processor
  • 4G Capability
this article is help full

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!