Photo

Google Play Store $0.25 apps and games sale

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 JoeC

JoeC

Ooh, shiny stars

Posted 30 September 2012 - 17:32

Some good apps on sale here :) Picked up Mass Effect, Madden 12 and UK Bus Checker for 75p - bargain :p

#17 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 30 September 2012 - 20:35

Last day of sales:

#18 OP still1

still1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 October 2012 - 14:55

smart tools and nova launcher prime are both good.

#19 UKDarkJedi

UKDarkJedi

Neowinian

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:11

Yup I've bought Nova & Dark Knight Rises. Last day though? Glad we had a sale but didn't feel long enough.

#20 +Wannes

Wannes

iCommand ⌘

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 01 October 2012 - 18:09

I don't understand Nova so I'll need to check out some guidelines. I got the Dark Knight and Gravity Guy as extra's. The sale should have indeed been longer but shouldn't it always? :)

#21 +BeLGaRaTh

BeLGaRaTh

Been here since year .

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 01 October 2012 - 18:20

Horn failed for me, I purchased it on my HTC OneX but then it said it was incompatible. But seeing as it was over 15minutes from purchase to download fully I cannot claim a refund. Yes it's only 28p with the vat, but that's not the point. I already went through this crap with the Moto Xoom, Maybe I should have learned from my previous mistake :(

#22 OP still1

still1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 October 2012 - 18:36

I don't understand Nova so I'll need to check out some guidelines. I got the Dark Knight and Gravity Guy as extra's. The sale should have indeed been longer but shouldn't it always? :)

Nova is a launcher ie. everything you see and do on your home screen and app drawer is a launcher.

by default your phone will have a launcher but this is an additional launcher which will let you customize your home screen app drawer. for example I can customize how a folder should look. can customize the home screen and scroll effects.

try the free one first and then you will understand...

#23 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 01 October 2012 - 18:52

Nova when I tried it just seemed like more trouble than its worth, it's slow and overly complex, unstable and doesn't work as well as original launcher. But that's my verdict on all launchers today. It seems third party launchers are stuck where they here 2 years ago, while the original and OEM launchers have progressed.

#24 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 October 2012 - 19:50

Nova when I tried it just seemed like more trouble than its worth, it's slow and overly complex, unstable and doesn't work as well as original launcher. But that's my verdict on all launchers today. It seems third party launchers are stuck where they here 2 years ago, while the original and OEM launchers have progressed.

I've had quite the opposite experience - Nova launcher, Apex Launcher are my favorite launchers - they are fast, stable, and have tons more features than any OEM launcher will ever have. A third party launcher is a must on any non-nexus device as I can't stand manufacturer bloat (a ROM without manufacturer bloat is even better). Also, have you tried the latest updates, these launchers have come a long way since they have been released.

#25 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 01 October 2012 - 20:07

The difference is I but quality devices without bloated launchers. No Samsung or HTC crap.

#26 UKDarkJedi

UKDarkJedi

Neowinian

Posted 01 October 2012 - 20:11

Yup I would agree with tsupers comment, nova and apex are the front runners now for speed and stability. Things like Go Launcher are kinda stuck in the past and trying to add things that aren't needed to make up for things they've missed the boat on. I will say however that Touchwiz on the SGS3 is pretty good, especially on JB, I couldn't stand it on the S2 however :/

Going back to the sale, Horn does not appear on my sale list, yet if I click the link a few posts up, I can purchase it... wonder what else I've missed?

PS: What device do you have hawkman?

#27 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 October 2012 - 21:27

The difference is I but quality devices without bloated launchers. No Samsung or HTC crap.

I can't think of any device (that is not a nexus device) that doesn't have any bloat...All (non-nexus) stock android devices are pretty much bloated. This includes Samsung, HTC, Motorola, LG, etc.

#28 +Wannes

Wannes

iCommand ⌘

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 02 October 2012 - 13:11

Nova is a launcher ie. everything you see and do on your home screen and app drawer is a launcher.

by default your phone will have a launcher but this is an additional launcher which will let you customize your home screen app drawer. for example I can customize how a folder should look. can customize the home screen and scroll effects.

try the free one first and then you will understand...

I've both it because of the price. Now I'll look into it. :)

#29 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Sir Derpy McHerperton III

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 02 October 2012 - 13:21

Horn failed for me, I purchased it on my HTC OneX but then it said it was incompatible. But seeing as it was over 15minutes from purchase to download fully I cannot claim a refund. Yes it's only 28p with the vat, but that's not the point. I already went through this crap with the Moto Xoom, Maybe I should have learned from my previous mistake :(

Works fine on my One X, been playing it since last night without any issues.

Had a look at Nova but I think I'll just stick with the launcher that comes with Cyanogen, Trebuchet I think.

#30 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 October 2012 - 13:24

Glad Nova went on sale. Finally I can use something better and less bloated than Go Launcher Ex.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!