Photo

3D modeling - need it easy street

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Izlude

Izlude

Oddy Tentacles

Posted 26 September 2012 - 21:36

Might anyone know if there are free alternatives to this program called EasyToy? It makes 3D objects simple as pie simply by drawing a flat 2D image and it automatically expands into 3D.

Do you think Blender or Sketchup have some kind of plugins that would allow me to do this? I know these programs can do it manually (tedious work, I've tried it) but EasyToy lets me do it in a few seconds and then a few minutes more to polish it up to what I want. Plugin meaning.. that blender will let me make figures exactly the way easytoy is doing it. I don't mind paying 200 if I have to, but that's money that can be used for ABS plastic :)

#2 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 26 September 2012 - 22:10

I know Hexagon has some of this I think.... Daz is offering it for free. Used to be around 200USD I think..

#3 OP Izlude

Izlude

Oddy Tentacles

Posted 27 September 2012 - 00:32

Thanks :D Although it looks like a little more work, it does what I want still. That's push, pull and mold with the mouse.. almost like clay. I see it's free for a limited time, so thankgoodness I could grab it. Props to you pal!

Still looking forward to more input if plugins exist. More simple solutions are always welcome. Even plush doll instructions would be great. (turning your 3D model into a printable sewing pattern)

#4 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 27 September 2012 - 00:49

You're welcome!!! ^_^