Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Mobile version] Empty ad toolbar on top of front page

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm now seeing a white toolbar-like space when using neowin mobile, both with my phone and with desktop firefox. Inspecting the code it's a div called "NBA_ad" so there should be ads, but i see it empty.

Posted

I'm now seeing a white toolbar-like space when using neowin mobile, both with my phone and with desktop firefox. Inspecting the code it's a div called "NBA_ad" so there should be ads, but i see it empty.

I know, the advertiser is working on the issue. As pointed out above we have set a static height, this means an empty space will show when an ad isn't even delivered.

Posted

I know, the advertiser is working on the issue. As pointed out above we have set a static height, this means an empty space will show when an ad isn't even delivered.

ok, thanks!

Posted

The ads are showing again but it now seems like the ad toolbar has now disappeared. The ads are now displaying on top of the menu in the upper right hand corner.

Posted

Yep, I had to remove the empty space, so the ad provider could take a look at it... so in other words we've have to suffer as they take their time :p

Posted

This ad is still blocking the header on iOS. Getting tired of having to type the address when switching between news/forums.

Posted

I've sent them a reminder, unfortunately we can't set back the static height until they confirm the issue (which for some reason they seem unable to do). I hope I get an answer today, because as you say this can't go on forever :/

Posted

At first i thought you only saw this because you had ads, and i realized you were a subscriber, I do not have the box on mine.