Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note 2

Because, I've already bought it...

Best purchase you'll make this year. :p

For ROMs, take a look over on XDA-Developers. There's already a beta of CM10 (Unofficial) available; this early days yet though. Personally, I like TouchWiz, and any non-TW ROM's are going to be missing all the lovely S-Pen features...

Ive got an SII and getting an S3 more likely soon. The rom dev scene behind the S3 is an insane force. Lots of roms of the ATT/Telus/Bell/Rogers version. I was also considering hte One x+..but my main concern is moddability. I checked out a note II yesterday and it was rather overwhelming, not one handable.

Ive got an SII and getting an S3 more likely soon. The rom dev scene behind the S3 is an insane force. Lots of roms of the ATT/Telus/Bell/Rogers version. I was also considering hte One x+..but my main concern is moddability. I checked out a note II yesterday and it was rather overwhelming, not one handable.

As far as mods go, its not that fair to compare a phone that has been out for almost a year vs one that is just coming out in the states. Mods will come, you can already get a beta CM10 on the Note 2, and do you really think they won't get mods working with the S Pen features?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, to follow this up. Yes it does support MirrorLink, and I love my note 2 :)

Just to verify, your saying you have Mirrorlink working now on your Note 2? If so did you have to do anything to get it to work? Thanks

okay so here is what i would recommend, the iPhone 5.

sure the S3 and the Note 2 are powerful devices as compared to the iPhone.. but after being a android user for about a year now and running it at stock, doing no modding and without running any special apps on it, lets just say i used it pretty much for calling and texting.. i have just grown out of it! the lag and the un-smoothiness whole android expreince is.. even on my friends S2! the phone lags like **** while doing simple tasks..

And i'm no apple fanboy.. or a person who just wants an iphone because everybody has one.

but iOS is way so much ****ing smooth in all aspects, it runs smoother, no lags, fast app execution/start up.. it makes it worth the price. i'm sure no one who has used iOS and Android both for a long long time will disaggree on that.

but if your someone who likes to play around with alot apps and a phone is a big part of your life and u can handle a little lag here and there, get the S3 and if you dont mind the huge size for the note 2? then note 2 it is.

but if you was me.. iPhone it would have been. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

- I'm stuck on getting the Note 2 but waiting for Sprint to come off their $299 for it (I missed the Black Friday deals I guess) Does anyone know when Sprint is lowering the price with contract on the Note 2.

I've been debating this for quite awhile and I've thrown my multiple rooted HTC Hero piece of **** so many times but it just keeps on ticking.

I've been debating this for quite awhile and I've thrown my multiple rooted HTC Hero piece of **** so many times but it just keeps on ticking.

I know what you mean. I have a HTC Inspire and I can't kill the thing.

I have the S3 and I love it but I would have got the Note2 over this phone only because I do a lot of remote network stuff on my phone and would love the larger screen. And the quadcore CPU isnt too shabby either on the Note.

That said, either one is gonne rock. If you like the big juicy screen you cant go wrong with the Note,,