• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#16 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 27 September 2012 - 22:04

I don't see why members can't just post correctly?

Shush, that sounds like something Mitt Romney would say! /s

#17 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• Tech Issues Solved: 8
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 27 September 2012 - 22:07

Posted Image

#18 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

Posted 27 September 2012 - 22:10

I agree with what the members are saying. Make it default.
Mods... Normally pretty smart idea to take smart ideas and give them a little thought, instead of going into defense mode and trying to make the members feel like dip****s or ass's... Just a thought though.

#19 vincent

vincent

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 September 2012 - 22:12

^ No disrespect -- can't you simply make it so the the prefix box is checked by default ?

Would save a lot of troubles. :)

How hard is it to check something, you want them to kiss your boo boos too?

#20 Eddie7

Eddie7

Hallo... www.connectw.me

• Phone: 1-800-CALL-ME-MAYBE

Posted 27 September 2012 - 22:15

Excuse you.

We're adhering to the site rules that we have been asked to enforce. Those rules can be changed if deemed necessary, and we can discuss the possiblity of that happening. But there is no need to insult the staff, and consider this your gentle reminder that publicly insulting/questioning moderator decisions is frowned upon as well. The OP was respectful and logical in presenting their case--please do the same.

Thanks.

Yeah, you've been excused sir.

#21 OP +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 13
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 27 September 2012 - 22:17

How hard is it to check something, you want them to kiss your boo boos too?

how hard is it for you to understand that humans aren't perfect and that we sometimes forget little details

really though, is making the prefix option checked by default really such a big deal?

#22 Timan

Timan

Fade Away...

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 27 September 2012 - 22:19

Posted Image

#23 Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Hell-In-A-Handbasket

Neowinian Senior

• OS: Win 8.1 Pro, iOS7, OSX 10.7, Ubuntu/WinXP system Died the Good Death

Posted 27 September 2012 - 22:19

A number of times i have checked the box, and it still wont put it as the thread icon.

My recent threads are prime examples, the one i did regarding the iOS upload test was tagged, but didnt show. When it was moved to site and forum it is showing as correctly tagged.

#24 Yusuf M.

Yusuf M.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Posted 27 September 2012 - 22:41

You have to consider that most mods are adolescent males who are experiencing their first bout with what they consider real power. The owner(s) of the websites forget that it is the community that makes their site popular, many times web site owner(s) forget that (ask Digg).

What makes you think that? I don't think anyone on the moderation team is below the age of 20.

how hard is it for you to understand that humans aren't perfect and that we sometimes forget little details

really though, is making the prefix option checked by default really such a big deal?

It doesn't take a perfect human being to take notice of this (see below). I don't see why it's so hard for people to follow some simple guidelines. The main reason threads are closed is to reinforce these guidelines. If I made a thread and it was closed because I didn't tag it correctly, I'd be sure not to make the same mistake again.

Also, I don't know if it's possible to check off the tag prefix option by default for specific forums. It may be a global setting that affects all the forums.

Posted Image

#25 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

Posted 27 September 2012 - 22:43

It doesn't take a perfect human being to take notice of this (see below). Also, I don't know if it's possible to check off the tag prefix option by default for specific forums. It may be a global setting that affects all the forums.

And therein lies the problem. We don't need all threads in all forums using this setting; the tagging system would become an irrelevant mess.

#26 shakey

shakey

It's soooooo Educational

Posted 27 September 2012 - 22:46

And therein lies the problem. We don't need all threads in all forums using this setting; the tagging system would become an irrelevant mess.

The tagging system is already an irrelevant mess when I see plenty of tags that only the words, " on, in, was," and so on. There are plenty of post that are adding every little stupid word as a tag, which doesn't help the system in any way.

#27 Timan

Timan

Fade Away...

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 27 September 2012 - 22:47

This is exactly why it wasn't a quick 2 second fix like everyone assumes.

Its fixed now ONLY for the jokes forum (id 48), only took 45min... So gonna go ahead and close this. If you have another issue, make a new thread.