Last Resort (Season 1) (Cancelled)

ldFYS.jpg

The show is about the renegade crew of a United States Navy Ohio-class ballistic missile submarine, the fictional USS Colorado (SSBN-753), that receives an order to launch nuclear missiles at Pakistan, through a backup communications channel. When Captain Marcus Chaplin (Andre Braugher) asks for confirmation via official channels, he is relieved of command. His second in command, Lt. Commander Sam Kendal (Scott Speedman), also questions the orders and the vessel is fired upon by the USS Illinois, killing crew members of the Colorado.

Realizing that they have been declared enemies of their own country, they set up camp on the island of Sainte Marina (a fictional island located in the Indian Ocean), commandeer a NATO communications facility, and declare a 200 mile exclusion zone around the island. When B-1 Lancer bombers are sent to attack the submarine, Captain Chaplin launches a nuclear missile towards the US to impress upon them that he is serious.

At the same time, the crew must find a way to prove their innocence and find out who set them up so that they can return home.

Watched the first episode, SEEMS like it could be interesting but it already has some flaws that might kill it for many

I'll give it a few more episodes before I know for sure if it will be worth it

Also watched the first ep. Looks like it will be an interesting show, and I kind of can't wait to see what's gonna happen next.

Enjoyed the first episode, could tell ABC is still looking for that next mysterious story line that Lost brought in and it seems a conspiracy is the direction they are going with. I like the concept.

Just watched episode 1, good opener although slightly confusing at times. Just about to watch the 2nd episode, I hope it has more "action" in it though!

Also:

• 1 month later...
666 Park Avenue and Last Resort have been cancelled by ABC

The two series will get to air all 13 episodes in their original order in their respective time slots

Source

NOOOOOO! :(. I think this is the best shows in it's first series on TV right now!

Averaging 7 million views isn't enough for ABC?

NOOOOOO! :(

Averaging 7 million views isn't enough for ABC?

clearly not! I thought it was going to get canned it just didn't seem a great show

Recent episode of Last Resort got 5.8m which was the episode they were making their decision on

That's still not a bad figure though! In comparison (I know they're on different nights, but just for comparisons sake) Hawaii Five 0 got 7.96 million viewers on the latest episode, and Revolution got 7.10 million viewers. Not a big difference really, only 1.9 million (roughly) difference! :(

• Like 1

That's still not a bad figure though! In comparison (I know they're on different nights, but just for comparisons sake) Hawaii Five 0 got 7.96 million viewers on the latest episode, and Revolution got 7.10 million viewers. Not a big difference really, only 1.9 million (roughly) difference! :(

This is why I said H50 might be in trouble last year it was getting 9-10m a week and now below 8m might not bode well

This is why I said H50 might be in trouble last year it was getting 9-10m a week and now below 8m might not bode well

I don't want to divert away from the original topic, but it would be a shame in my eyes if H50 went as well. Yeah it's a bit samey but still not a bad show!

Anyway, back on topic for me! Got too distracted with my passion for good action/TV :p. It's happened and been cancelled nothing much I can do now! There's always Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men on Wednesday nights/Thursdays! :D

I don't want to divert away from the original topic, but it would be a shame in my eyes if H50 went as well. Yeah it's a bit samey but still not a bad show!

Anyway, back on topic for me! Got too distracted with my passion for good action/TV :p. It's happened and been cancelled nothing much I can do now! There's always Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men on Wednesday nights/Thursdays! :D

Yeah was my fault :p

Well this is a massive shame. We're only on episode 3 in the UK, but so far I thought it was one of the best new dramas I've seen in a long time. Especially annoying that it probably won't even get a proper ending.

Especially annoying that it probably won't even get a proper ending.

Which is exactly what happened with "Outcasts", they ended it with a cliff hanger, and if you've seen the series then you'd know what I mean.

ABC isn't a cable company.

Haha... force by habit :laugh:

Glassed Silver:mac

Well this is a massive shame. We're only on episode 3 in the UK, but so far I thought it was one of the best new dramas I've seen in a long time. Especially annoying that it probably won't even get a proper ending.

Yeah unfortunately sky buy the shows that have the biggest buzz, 9 times out of 10 they get canned early