Do fish have blood?

Well the title says it all!

Few friends were having discussion on how seafood is considered as vegetarian seeing it is a white meat and not red meat. So the question came on what is vegetarian and what is not. My view was, despite seafood having white meat, it is still meat and thus not vegetarian and someone pointed that fish do not have blood. From there onwards, the discussion train changed tracks and we talked long and hard on the topic with no final answer since we all are vegetarians. So here it goes.

Do fish have blood? Doesn't matter what colour it is.

Yes. Have you never gone fishing or seen any shows with people eating fresh fish?

That is an odd statement for your friend to make

Yes, I know I have cleaned a few fish in my day.

Technically those that eat fish are not vegetarian.

Probably the reason some feel that if it were okay to eat fish is because Jesus served fish and bread to the masses.

If this food was okay in the Bible then it must be okay to eat.

Also fish do not fall into the other categories of "unclean animals" No hoofs- not pork- and

The other reason is this is a replenish-able food source that can easily be managed.

Not to mention there is not a taste of meat when you eat it.

Yes. Have you never gone fishing or seen any shows with people eating fresh fish?

That is an odd statement for your friend to make

We are all vegetarians. No, we haven't gone fishing nor have we seen people eating fresh fish!

Thanks for the answers all. That settles it.

A vegetarian still eats fish and products produced by animals such as eggs and milk. A vegan however avoids any food produced or tested on animals and will not consume eggs, drink milk, or any dairy products for that matter and will refuse to eat any forms/types of meat, insect etc.

I once got stabbed by a catfish, and I thought it was going to be pretty bad because my hand was covered in blood while I was still trying to get the hook out. It ended up being just a little puncture in my hand, but not too much blood, mostly from the fish.

A vegetarian still eats fish and products produced by animals such as eggs and milk. A vegan however avoids any food produced or tested on animals and will not consume eggs, drink milk, or any dairy products for that matter and will refuse to eat any forms/types of meat, insect etc.

A fish isn't a vegetable. Vegetarians don't eat animal meat. Pesco-vegetarians (I found this word via a good search so it may be wrong) eat fish and vegetables believing this is a healthy diet.

No fish do not have blood. It's a red liquid that resembles blood. Totally vegetarian. Ok so the liquid does have blood cells in it and hemoglobin. but it's not like human blood. no sir, totally vegetarian...yep.

I smell a fishy troll. My initial reaction was WHAT?? and that usually means I've been duped.

Not a troll mate :) Just because it doesn't goes with your belief, doesn't mean I am a troll.

I can say the same with you too, WHAT?

tuna is a very red meat fish, that's all i have to say

at least we know rocks don't have blood .... wait O___O

Pyura_chilensis.jpeg

OK WHAT THE F IS THAT?

A fish isn't a vegetable. Vegetarians don't eat animal meat. Pesco-vegetarians (I found this word via a good search so it may be wrong) eat fish and vegetables believing this is a healthy diet.

It's "Pescetarian", and it's a synonym for hypocrite :laugh:

They don't eat meat, unless it's fish. Because as we all know, fish are plants.

• Like 2

tuna is a very red meat fish, that's all i have to say

at least we know rocks don't have blood .... wait O___O

Pyura_chilensis.jpeg

Ok I'm not going to lie....I do not have a weak stomach, but this about made me hurl. WTF is it? Also, I totally re-quoted with the image in tact so more people could be disgusted by it....repeatedly.

OK WHAT THE F IS THAT?

Ok I'm not going to lie....I do not have a weak stomach, but this about made me hurl. WTF is it? Also, I totally re-quoted with the image in tact so more people could be disgusted by it....repeatedly.

http://en.wikipedia....Pyura_chilensis

http://blogs.scienti...d-from-a-stone/

It actually looks pretty delicious:

Piure_Valaparaiso.JPG?uselang=es