things slowing way down again this morning

Compared to when I was on here earlier using IE8, working on a customers old XP machine, site is now running some what better using Opera 12.02.

Any browser other than IE, IS quicker, but at times this site blows so badly, I leave it without reading a single thing!!

Edit:

Took 38 seconds just to post this!!

Didn't want to create a new thread but seems the forum has not adjusted for the UKs clock going back an hour, apart from choosing a different time zone in user settings, I can't see anything to fix it ? :)

Didn't want to create a new thread but seems the forum has not adjusted for the UKs clock going back an hour, apart from choosing a different time zone in user settings, I can't see anything to fix it ? :)

Seems to be ok here. Maybe cache?

Remixedcat would say... no food for the poor hamsters, I say poisonous food made its way into the hamsters and they are pretty much k.o.

My question is this.....why does the board run decent while you are viewing posts but runs so poorly when you are posting? Because that's when I see most of my slowness, when I am trying to post.

FYI we may have a faulty SQL server which is being checked atm

OH and we have someone from Japan leeching the site to annoy us (over 500Gb a month)

Can their IP addresses not be filtered in the usual ways? As for the SQL server, thanks for the heads up :)