things slowing way down again this morning

I don't know if you guys saw my post but I have been having troubles with this website while using IE 10 in Windows 8. Works fine with Apple Safari 6.0.2 in Mac OSX 10.8.3 Beta 1 however, also works fine with Mobile Apple Safari in Apple IOS 6.1 Beta 2.

It was better for about a week. Back to absolutely awful again.

There is no reason (from a viewer standpoint) why it should take 17 seconds from when i click on a topic title until i can actually view the topic. Don't even mention posting or editing...

Unless things change for the better for a longer period of time, why should i ever pay for a subscription again? I mean, the slowness of the site is actually much more the norm than the exception. Not a criticism, but an observation.

Edit: 24 full seconds from clicking post to seeing this.

Edit2: Actually, editing is almost instantaneous. Weird and impressive at the same time.

I need to chime in here. After several weeks of this, I've also noticed it happens pretty much like clockwork around 11pm EST. Give or take a half hour on both sides (Before and after) as I've noticed it happening at 10:30pm up until shortly after 11:pm.

Maybe there are a lot of scheduled tasks being performed around that time every night? If so, can they be spaced out?

I clicked on a link to a thread, it sat loading for a moment and I looked at the time wondering what was taking so long, 11:02pm. So I go back to the main page and click this thread to come report and from 11:02pm, it finally loaded at 11:13pm. I also stopped and clicked on the link again halfway through that.

There is definitely something going on around 11pm that's causing this.

11pm again, like clockwork.

Just took another 10 minutes to reopen this page (When I hit post on my previous post, it just said posting and never stopped). This time I got a couple of database errors before it came up again.

Edit: This particular post, posted within 5 seconds.

Double Edit: The forums are back up to speed again at 11:22

I actually have to say, it does seem to slow way down around 11 PM Eastern Standard Time. It is now 11:36 PM EST, and I started noticing clicking around various threads was slow about 30 minutes ago. I then clicked in this thread, saw the 11 PM EST theory above, and I am thinking there is definitely something to it.

yeah same for me, usually slows down around then (around 10:00 pm CST for me) and then again usually around 2:00 am CST when i'm occasionally still up

I actually have to say, it does seem to slow way down around 11 PM Eastern Standard Time. It is now 11:36 PM EST, and I started noticing clicking around various threads was slow about 30 minutes ago. I then clicked in this thread, saw the 11 PM EST theory above, and I am thinking there is definitely something to it.

yeah same for me, usually slows down around then (around 10:00 pm CST for me) and then again usually around 2:00 am CST when i'm occasionally still up

I can confirm this also. It slows to a crawl nightly at 10:00 pm CST

Same for me, it's always slow right around the time I start winding down for the night, which would be right around 11. And it's still slow right now for me.

Edit: And now it's sped up lol.

i noticed it just now, the site was locked up for 5 minutes just saying connecting

Same here, once again at around 10:00pm CST.

It took 15 minutes to get into this thread and post this.

Yep, can also confirm it was impossible for about 15 or 20 mins there. Maybe this timeframe will help the devs figure it out...

same thing happened here on my end at the same exact time. :|

have you contacted your hosting company to see if it's somethin ghetto goin on?

4:20am I clicked on a forum link. No deal. I clicked on Forums to come post in this thread after sitting for a few minutes, it's now 4:36 and this page JUST loaded.

Not sure what's causing this but whatever it is brings the forums to a complete stop for several minutes. It's really obnoxious. Then of course all of a sudden the forums are running like a fresh install :huh:

Also side note, like clockwork last night at 11pm the forums were apparently choking on something. :D

yep same here right now its taking around 10 mins for a forum page to load

the main news page is instant though

Yeah tonight has been painful as regards forum use.

I've been on my phone using the mobile version and it times out fairly often.

This is via WiFi on a 40Mb connection so it shouldn't be the connection on this end.

I'm using a brand new amped wireless router on a subscribed 12mb connection (often is 15-22Mbps) and a brand new core i5-3570K system with 16GB RAM and Windows Server 2012 on an SSD drive and it's still slow sometimes...

I just got a ZTE N860 (warp) and it's slow on it on wifi and 3G.