Amazing Spider-Man 2

Official Sypnosis

Columbia Pictures announced today that filming has begun on The Amazing Spider-Man? 2 in New York. The film is the first in the history of the franchise that will be filmed entirely in New York City and New York State.

The sequel to last year?s critical and box office hit The Amazing Spider-Man, the film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, and Sally Field.

In The Amazing Spider-Man? 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy ? between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can?t come quickly enough. Peter hasn?t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen?s father to protect her by staying away ? but that?s a promise he just can?t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner, with a previous draft by James Vanderbilt, and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are the producers.

The film?s key behind-the-scenes team includes director of photography Dan Mindel, production designer Mark Friedberg, editors Pietro Scalia and Elliot Graham, and costume designer Deborah L. Scott.

The latest chapter in the Spider-Man story is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014.

Hollywood Reporter....

Andrew Garfield and Director Marc Webb to Return for 'Amazing Spider-Man' Sequel

Ending months of speculation about whether he would return to the Spider-Man franchise he helped reboot, director Marc Webb has signed on to helm the webslinger's next outing for Columbia Pictures.

The sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man will begin shooting in early 2013, with Andrew Garfield also returning as the superhero. Emma Stone is in talks to continue her role as Peter Parker's love interest Gwen Stacy.

There has been little doubt that Garfield and Stone would be back for a second outing, but Webb's deal has been the major question mark. Webb was paid roughly $1 million for the first chapter in the Spider-Man reboot, according to sources, and was looking for a pay raise in the wake of the film's $750 million-plus worldwide box-office haul and fanboy response.

The screenplay is by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinkner based on a previous draft by James Vanderbilt. The film will be produced by Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach.

The sequel is set for release May 2, 2014.

?We could not be more confident in the direction we are taking this new Spider-Man storyline, and we are tremendously excited to be ramping up production again with Marc at the helm and Andrew continuing on as Peter Parker," Columbia president Doug Belgrad said. "We can?t wait to share what we have in store for Peter and Spider-Man with audiences worldwide.?

I wonder what they will call it, I'm not a fan of just adding a number at the end. Kinda ruins the expectation, you want it to say to people this is another story, not just the same film with a few little changes. Iron Man 2 actually just felt and looked like Iron man 1 just with the first act removed.

A reboot was completely unnecessary and the trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man was so bad (it was one of the worst movie trailers I have ever seen) that I skipped it, despite being a fan of the previous films. I honestly don't understand the logic of redoing an origin story so soon after the original but clearly there's enough money in it.

• Like 2

You know, it'd be so much better if they didn't call it "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", but instead called it "The Spectacular Spider-Man"!

• 2 weeks later...

Shailene Woodley in Talks to Play Mary Jane Watson in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2; Electro Rumored to Be the Villain

Per Variety, Woodley is in early talks to play Mary Jane Watson in the follow-up. The Secret Life of the American Teenager star showed immense talent opposite George Clooney in last year?s Oscar contender The Descendants, so she seems like a swell addition to the Spider-Man franchise opposite the equally talented Garfield and Stone. The actress is apparently the studio?s top choice for the role, but Variety notes that she?s only in ?early talks? so it?s still possible that a deal might not go through.

In addition to Mary Jane and an unspecified villain, the studio is also casting the role of Harry Osborn. Played by James Franco in director Sam Raimi?s Spider-Man trilogy, the comics character is Peter Parker?s best friend and, eventually, an antagonist. Variety notes that Electro is rumored to be one of the villains that the filmmakers ?are considering? for the pic, but I find it strange/hard to believe that they?re still not committed to a villain even though James Vanderbilt wrote an initial draft of the Amazing Spider-Man 2 screenplay last year that was subsequently rewritten by Alex Kurtzman, Robert Orci, and Jeff Pinkner.

I'm hoping they call it The Spectacular Spider-Man with the sequels titled The Sensational Spider-Man, and The Web of Spider-Man.

Also, is it too soon to make a Secret Wars film so he can acquire the Alien symbiote that becomes Venom?

q8SDY.jpg

Shailene Woodley Confirmed For ?The Amazing Spider-Man 2,? and Probably ?The Amazing Spider-Man 3?

The news came from the Hollywood Reporter story of Woodley being cast in Divergent. Here?s the text in question, beware spoilers.

Woodley initially had scheduling issues as an obstacle to the dealmaking, having had offers to play both Mary Jane and the Divergent lead. But the Mary Jane role is proving to be only a very small part in Amazing Spider-Man 2 but blossoms into an integral lead for the planned third movie as the studio seeks to build to the classic ?Death of Gwen Stacy? story.

• 2 weeks later...

cLKBD.jpg

Jamie Foxx Up for Villain Role in The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Jamie Foxx, who soon headlines Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, is up for a major role in Marc Webb's The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Variety has the news and while they're only able to confirm so far that Foxx would play a villain, they're maintaining that rumors point to that character being Electro.

Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Shailene Woodley are attached to star in the May 2, 2014 release. This time around, the script arrives from Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Pinkner and James Vanderbilt.

Electro has never definitively appeared on the big screen, though some fan speculation has suggested that the mysterious figure (played by Michael Massee) featured in The Amazing Spider-Man's end credits was, in fact, our first look at the character. First appearing in 1964's "The Amazing Spider-Man" #9, Electro's real name is Max Dillon and he has the power to control electricity.

You know, it'd be so much better if they didn't call it "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", but instead called it "The Spectacular Spider-Man"!

The comic series is called "Amazing Spider-Man'

The comic series is called "Amazing Spider-Man'

They're both from a comic series.

It would be best if they used one comic series title per film, like...

* The Amazing Spider-Man

* The Spectacular Spider-Man

* Web of Spider-Man

Really looking forward to the second one.

At first , when I heard they were rebooting spiderman, I thought it would suck. After actually watching it in theaters, I was blown away. It is probably the best done spider man movie. Can't wait for another one.

A reboot was completely unnecessary and the trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man was so bad (it was one of the worst movie trailers I have ever seen) that I skipped it, despite being a fan of the previous films. I honestly don't understand the logic of redoing an origin story so soon after the original but clearly there's enough money in it.

give it a shot man, I think you would enjoy it.

I'll agree with you there, but aside from that everything else was pretty great

I hated it at first, but after watching it, I liked it. It was a good blend between the 2, and didn't look stupid, but just creepy.

They have to release one every 3 years or they lose the license.

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed. I watched it on the weekend and didn't think much of it. I had high hopes because I really like Andrew Garfield but the story was just dull and the girl in it was the the least convincing 17 year old I've ever seen (is it really that hard to find a 17 year old actor in America???). The whole storyline felt rushed, kind of pointless and very unoriginal.

I'd like to say that a sequel could only be better but I don't hold out much hope.

I'm kind of disappointed. I neither liked the story, the directing, OR the lead actor... lol

I had been hoping for another reboot (Though I now that would be unlikely...). lol

CHRONICLE'S Dane Dehaan Up For Harry Osborn Role In THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Sequel

In an article just published over at THR, the site reveal some names testing for a various supporting roles in some upcoming movies. But the one that stands out is that of Harry Osborn, the character previously played by James Franco in Sam Raimi's trilogy. THR report that the role was originally to be filled by a "bigger athletic actor", but has now been reconfigured and someone a little more "dark and edgy" is being sought after.They reckon Brady Corbet (Melancholia), Dane Dehaan (Chronicle) and Alden Ehrenreich (the upcoming Beautiful Creatures) are the lads that are vying for the role, but that more names may enter the mix as the "character is evolving".

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed the new film much more than any of the previous ones. Too touchy feely and skipped over way too much to keep to the trilogy format. I hope that the new series is a long runner, with sequels every few years rather than 3 and done. It would allow much more character development in the long term with much more action in the short term. Maybe a 3-4 movie contract for each of the central characters.

In addition to today's earlier announcement that Chronicle actor Dane DeHaan officially signed on for the sequel's ?Harry Osborn,? director Marc Webb also announced that Academy Award-winning actor Jamie Foxx will definitely play ?Electro,? the super-villain of The Amazing Spider-Man 2. And speaking with Entertainment Tonight just hours after Sony's press release, Foxx explained:

?Electro is a great character! I met with the director, Mark Webb, I met with Andrew Garfield, and we talked,? the Django Unchained actor continued. ?I think Electro will be an exciting character to play because he's a ? genius electrician-type person, and he gets the short end of the stick from the whole world, and the next thing you know he turns it on.?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=70831