Amazing Spider-Man 2

The translation to live-action should have lost most of it. I don't go to a superhero

movie to spend two hours depressed. I get that he struggles with living two lives.

I get that he's lonely. But if I wanted to live it I would pay for therapy, not an

afternoon at the movies.

Maybe you don't but I like more substance in my films.

I thought ASM2 was brilliant, better than ASM1. I was afraid going into it that it'd be a Spider man 3 situation (too many villains) but it wasn't, really looking forward to the next film. 

The translation to live-action should have lost most of it. I don't go to a superhero

movie to spend two hours depressed. I get that he struggles with living two lives.

I get that he's lonely. But if I wanted to live it I would pay for therapy, not an

afternoon at the movies.

But without the emo side, it's NOT Spider-Man.  The emo is what makes him who he is.  He's not just another action only superhero.

• Like 1

I went to a matinee on Sunday although I had been sick the entire weekend, I did not want to miss my streak of seeing all Marvel Comic movies on opening weekend.

Needless to say I slept through over half of the damn film. I kept waking up when there were action scenes though.

Funny enough my wife had no idea I had fallen asleep, so once I told her I did but summarized the movie to her as to what I gathered of things from when I was awake, her reply was "you got it all."

So even though I fell asleep for at least half the movie, apparently I was still able to tell my wife exactly what did happen story wise.

So needless to say it was not very deep story wise.

In fact they wasted way to much time developing the relationship between Peter and Gwen to make certain aspects of things more impactful, but it was that character development that made me fall asleep and not even care that I did.

Full disclosure, I have always been of the belief they should have never rebooted the series itself. The Tobey trilogy, despite all of it's shortcomings, is still the much better movie experience imho. I will even go as far as saying I think the advancements in CGI since they made that original trilogy have actually hurt things overall. It is SO clearly CGI and really does look so much like a souped up cut scene in a video game that I just have zero emotional investment in them. They are also way too chaotic. The camera is all over the place and instead of creating a visually pleasing experience it is just a mess that is much to fast paces for it's own good.

Finally Jamie Foxx as Electro was truly so bad. And not in a so bad it was good kind of way. It was a so bad it is really just bad sort of way.

I will watch it again when it is released for home consumption and give it another chance, but I am not entirely convinced I will just fall asleep again as it seems to be that boring of a movie overall.

+1 I felt too like I was watching cut scenes from a video game :/

• 1 month later...

OizsVOo.jpg

Blu-ray & DVD Bonus Features Include:

4 All-New Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb

Filmmaker Commentary

Alicia Keys ?It?s On Again? music video

Exclusively Available on Blu-ray:

9 Additional Deleted Scenes with Commentary by Marc Webb, including ?Peter Meets His Father?

?The Wages of Heroism: Making The Amazing Spider-Man 2,? featuring revealing, in-depth segments including:

?Lessons Learned: Development and Direction? ? Filmmakers and cast discuss their approach to the sequel and their efforts to make it the best Spider-Man yet.

?Heart of the City: Shooting in New York? ? A behind-the-scenes look at the film?s unprecedented access to New York City during production.

?Triple Threat: Attack of the Villains? ? An inside look at the development of Spider-Man?s fearsome foes, Electro, the Green Goblin and Rhino.

?A More Dangerous World: Transforming Electro and the Green Goblin? ? From make-up to costuming, see what it took to transform Jamie Foxx and Dane DeHaan into their fearsome alter-egos.

?A Bolt From the Blue: Visual Effects? ? Sony Pictures Imageworks artists and animators show how they created the gravity defying, web-slinging and pumped-up action in the new film.

?Spidey Gets His Groove Back: Music and Editing? ? Learn how the film?s soundtrack and score came together in this behind-the-scenes look at jam sessions with Composer Hans Zimmer and the team of master musicians he assembled, including Pharrell Williams, Johnny Marr, Michael Einziger and more.

Exclusive to the DVD:

New Public Service Announcement for the Worldwide Orphans Foundation (WWO), featuring Andrew Garfield & WWO CEO Dr. Jane Aronson

Even though I knew what was going to happen to her, had I not know the comic at all, this movie was jam packed full of the flags.  All you had to do was pay attention to them, they didn't even try to mask it or anything, just subtle hints and flags that it's all going to go sidewise at some point.

It ok, not bad, not great, I don't know, maybe it's just that I'm tired of Spiderman movies now?  Seems like more and more of the US are as well with how each one keeps making less and less domestically.