Amazing Spider-Man 2

Good grief, Emma Stone is becoming anorexic. Gone is the simple charm from Superbad. What a shame.

I actually enjoyed the first flick and this is shaping up to be quite interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
give it a shot man, I think you would enjoy it.

I did end up checking it out and was actually surprised by it. The trailers looked absolutely awful but the film was pretty decent, minus a few ridiculous scenes and the ending. However, I still think it was a mistake to reboot the franchise and not simply start from a later point (what with everyone already being familiar with the origin story).

However, I still think it was a mistake to reboot the franchise and not simply start from a later point (what with everyone already being familiar with the origin story).

I agree with you there. A reboot was unnecessary.

On one side I'm hoping those lights won't be on the hoodie when seeing those photos. Than it will just look like his skin really is glowing from electricity. And to be honest, I think that's how it'll be because those lights look really odd.

Though after having typed this, it feels stupid to even say it. Like it's obvious those lights won't be seen in the movie, and it's just to create the effect of a glowing skin, haha :p

still no sign or hint of venom :(

Why do you think he'll be in the movie? Venom isn't a character that needs to be a part of Spidey's movies every time :p Now, something that would be more awesome is a Venom stand-alone movie. If they'd put Venom into this series though, they'll have to pull it off way better than in Spider-Man 3, which I bet everyone will agree with. He should be the main villain though so that they can flesh the character out more than in Spider-Man 3. He shouldn't be just a symbiote that drops onto Eddy after having been part of Peter and then wanting to kill Spider-Man. He deserves a more meaningful role in the movies.

Also, it would be too many enemies if they did turn the Osborns into the Goblins. If anything, I bet they're going to setup the 3rd movie with the Osborns at the end of this one.

Yeah using the blue LED's will save a lot of time in post processing anyway, as they will give off a nice blue aura and reflect off other things without needing to do loads of extra effects.

I don't think I'll be seeing this any of the Amazing Spidermans till they actually have Venom/Symbiote Spidey in it. (Cause he's my favourite). Electro looks alright, just wondering how Rhino will look like.

^You're missing out on a lot (backstory, etc) in that case. They might not even put Venom into this series of movies.

Yeah using the blue LED's will save a lot of time in post processing anyway, as they will give off a nice blue aura and reflect off other things without needing to do loads of extra effects.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Plus it looks more real as well. Less CG is sometimes better and this is a case in point.

On one side I'm hoping those lights won't be on the hoodie when seeing those photos. Than it will just look like his skin really is glowing from electricity. And to be honest, I think that's how it'll be because those lights look really odd.

Though after having typed this, it feels stupid to even say it. Like it's obvious those lights won't be seen in the movie, and it's just to create the effect of a glowing skin, haha :p

Why do you think he'll be in the movie? Venom isn't a character that needs to be a part of Spidey's movies every time :p Now, something that would be more awesome is a Venom stand-alone movie. If they'd put Venom into this series though, they'll have to pull it off way better than in Spider-Man 3, which I bet everyone will agree with. He should be the main villain though so that they can flesh the character out more than in Spider-Man 3. He shouldn't be just a symbiote that drops onto Eddy after having been part of Peter and then wanting to kill Spider-Man. He deserves a more meaningful role in the movies.

Also, it would be too many enemies if they did turn the Osborns into the Goblins. If anything, I bet they're going to setup the 3rd movie with the Osborns at the end of this one.

^You're missing out on a lot (backstory, etc) in that case. They might not even put Venom into this series of movies.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Plus it looks more real as well. Less CG is sometimes better and this is a case in point.

That's my point exactly.

Venom in Spiderman 3 sucked balls so hard, they've the potential to make a better venom, to give him a movie just for himself (plus a couple of sideline wackos) as they did in the comics! the real archenemy! (and while we're at it, carnage would be too much :p ?? )

They have to release one every 3 years or they lose the license.

By releasing the same movie every 3 years they will destroy the license anyway. It's probably better to lose it and let someone else exploit it to its full potential.

After the Not So Amazing Spiderman i lost all interest in any new spider man movie. It was basically a cut and paste of Sam Raimi's Spider man. I rarely consider myself robbed after watching a movie even if it is bad but after watching The Not So Amazing Spiderman i really wanted a refund of my time.

i miss the classic spiderman where his 'web' was a special devices that sometimes failed giving a comedy effect.

in recent spiderman the web was a part of himself that always works.

i miss the classic spiderman where his 'web' was a special devices that sometimes failed giving a comedy effect.

in recent spiderman the web was a part of himself that always works.

I think you are referring to the trilogy years ago - even then it failed for him when he was stressed out. Remember him falling and hitting a car? Didn't Peter have to build a device in The Amazing Spiderman in order to use a web?

• Like 1

I think you are referring to the trilogy years ago - even then it failed for him when he was stressed out. Remember him falling and hitting a car? Didn't Peter have to build a device in The Amazing Spiderman in order to use a web?

Yes he built his web device in the Amazing Spiderman movie.