TVis 120hz, but only shows 60hz

Yep true but for benchmarks disabling vsync is always recommended to break to 60fps barrier, in the driver control panel and BM

Yeah but nothing happens with those frames. They are rendered but never (completely) pushed to your display. The display refresh rate set in your regular display properties or whatever is the amount of frames your GPU sends to your monitor each second all exactly at the same interval. That might be the same frame several times if your PC can't keep up with the rendering, but it's impossible to send more frames than the refresh rate.

but it's impossible to send more frames than the refresh rate.

They are never rendered if the display can't keep up, true, refresh rate is display reliant. That's what vsync is for :)

EDIT - they are rendered, but not displayed

So should I take it back for false advertising?

No. It does interpolate frames and it does display 120 frames per second. Just because you don't really want the 'other' 50% of the frames doesn't mean they're not there :p

Just disable the motion smoothening whatever thing. It makes everything look like a silly home recording.

I did notice the HDMI cable that Comcast gave me doesn't allow the TruMotion. The HDMI cable BestBuy told me to try (to see if I get 120hz) lets me enable TruMotion.

Wow, you are getting worked by these bb people. Trumotion does work with any hdmi cable, no special bb cable will do the same thing as the others. Your tv is fine, all LCD, led TVs will promote 120 or even 240 hz. There is currently no source that will actually use those refresh rates so don't worry too much about it. If the picture looks good, then stick with it.

whatever HDMI cable you use, as I said and tried to explain to you before, you will NEVER have a higher input than i60 or p30 from your cable/satellite box. It just won't happen cause that's what the box can deliver. You can use the cheapest HDMI cable you can get and as long as it's not faulty it will give you the same picture as the expensive Monster cable.

the Truemotion/120hz, is as I've tried to explain, created IN the TV with the truemotion graphics chip.

Wow, you are getting worked by these bb people. Trumotion does work with any hdmi cable, no special bb cable will do the same thing as the others. Your tv is fine, all LCD, led TVs will promote 120 or even 240 hz. There is currently no source that will actually use those refresh rates so don't worry too much about it. If the picture looks good, then stick with it.

How am I getting worked? I told them my issue, they told me to try the Rocketfish HDMI and TruMotion enabled, I plug in the Comcast HDMI and TruMotion won't enable.

whatever HDMI cable you use, as I said and tried to explain to you before, you will NEVER have a higher input than i60 or p30 from your cable/satellite box. It just won't happen cause that's what the box can deliver. You can use the cheapest HDMI cable you can get and as long as it's not faulty it will give you the same picture as the expensive Monster cable.

the Truemotion/120hz, is as I've tried to explain, created IN the TV with the truemotion graphics chip.

I understand what you've been saying. All I stated was the HDMI cable that came with the Comcast box won't let me enable TruMotion but the HDMI cable I got from BestBuy let's me enable TruMotion. The box that the HDMI Cale cease in says it supports 240hz sand BestBuy stated I was mostly using a HDMI cable that can't support 120hz.

120hz and 240hz etc these won't show as the sync signal when your TV displays the source/rate. These processing rates are done INTERNALLY by the TV and won't be displayed on the TV screen as the rate of the source. Nothing is wrong with your TV. Trumotion and other names for it is a feature that you can turn on and off on the tv to add additional internal processing to the incoming source signal to smooth out frames. In some cases it smooths it out so much that is makes everything appear to be going in fast motion, you may have seen this if you looked at any of the demos that Best Buy and other similar stores have on display. This is the 120hz/240hz or whatever refresh rates modes in work and like I said earlier you won't see your TV report that it is operating at those refresh rates since it is done internally. The source rate flashed on the screen only refers to what it is receiving from the source not what it may actually be converting it to internally.

I understand what you've been saying. All I stated was the HDMI cable that came with the Comcast box won't let me enable TruMotion but the HDMI cable I got from BestBuy let's me enable TruMotion. The box that the HDMI Cale cease in says it supports 240hz sand BestBuy stated I was mostly using a HDMI cable that can't support 120hz.

You're doing something else wrong. the HDMI cable won't and CAN'T affect how the TV deals with the i60/p30 signal beign sent to it. no matter what cable you use, your box sends a 60hz interlaced signal or a 30 herz progressive. the cable can't affect if you can turn on truemotion or not.

that's what we've been saying, your box won't EVER send any more and i60/p30 to the TV, and it probably can't input anything over 60 anyway, without giving a "out of range" error all over the screen.

what you're saying isn't possible unless you're not doing something else wrong or changing something else as well. The cable however is NOT the cause of truemotion on or off. truemotion on or off, at 1080i60 which is what your box is sending, the tv is only getting 60 half frames a second.

Lol, do I need to record me trying different cables for you guys?

I tried the HDMI cable from BestBuy with my cable box and TruMotion can be enabled. I try it with the HDMI cable that came with the box and I cannot enable it.

Lol, do I need to record me trying different cables for you guys?

I tried the HDMI cable from BestBuy with my cable box and TruMotion can be enabled. I try it with the HDMI cable that came with the box and I cannot enable it.

The part you seem to keep ignoring is that the trumotion is only done on the tv, if the hdmi cable mattered it would be a Comcast issue. Everything that hawk stated it true. Bb worked you by getting you to buy a rocket fish hdmi cable

Here's what I don't understand. The BestBuy HDMI cable when plugged in from the Comcast box to TV, the TV lets me enable TruMotion. The Comcast HDMI when plugged in from the Comcast box to TV, the TV does not let me enable TruMotion.

I'm being told that is impossible, unless I'm reading what is being posted incorrectly.

Then why do HDMI cables state they support 60hz, some support 240hz.

What could be affecting it? The manual says TruMotion can't be enabled if it doesn't detect at least 60hz.

It has to do with 3d not truemotion. Also you do have 60, that's what your tv says.

And I'm surfeit works on 60hz as well. Otherwise it would only work n interlaced pictures, and the optimal setting for o would be for you box to convert the 1080i60 signal to a 1080p30 signal and send that to your tv.

I've always heard that if it is a 3d TV, you cut the hz in half and that is the actual display rate. However that may just be in 3d mode. Anyone know how that works?

Then why do HDMI cables state they support 60hz, some support 240hz..

Because it's marketing crap.

There are only 4 types of HDMI cables as per HDMI.org:

Standard

Standard w/Ethernet

High-speed

High-speed w/Ethernet

TruMotion deals with how your TV processes the signal AFTER it receives it. The signal from your cable box is and will remain 60Hz.

perhaps the highspeed is the rocketfish and standard is the cable company, isn't there a 1.4 version compliant cable out now or something?

Standard

Standard w/Ethernet

High-speed

High-speed w/Ethernet

TruMotion deals with how your TV processes the signal AFTER it receives it. The signal from your cable box is and will remain 60Hz.

I'm understanding everything correctly. I'm just now curious why the Comcast HDMI cord when in use does not allow me to enable TruMotion, but when I use the Rocketfish, the TV allows me to enable TruMotion.

Standard

Standard w/Ethernet

High-speed

High-speed w/Ethernet

well it's 1.3 and 1.4 version numbers, 1.4 needed for 3D. though I'm pretty sure a 1.3 will do the same job, it's just not tested for it.