blossom one limited mit engineering tesla wi-fi capability

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:09

I think I'll stick with my Mr. Coffee. It does everything I need.

#17 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:13

That's cool too. But I learned from a girlfriend, it's not quantity in life but quality that matters.

#18 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:18

^ You think coffee is going to taste any better brewed in that? :D

#19 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,004 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:19

That's cool too. But I learned from a girlfriend, it's not quantity in life but quality that matters.

Like Hum's posts. :shifty:

#20 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:23

Posted Today, 18:18
^ You think coffee is going to taste any better brewed in that? :D

In the syphon coffee maker I posted? Yes. Especially with quality coffee, more of your gourmet coffee where it's 100% without any flavoring. Namely I drink Kona coffee. Then water is important. Regular tap can be ok, depends on where you live. But garranteed that filtered or mountain fresh water is the best for making coffee. The combination of them makes it best.

Seriously you need to try it. Regular drip is fine for everyday though. I do that. Just never foldgers, maxell house, etc..

LOL @ HUM

#21 SojIrOu

SojIrOu

Tenken no Soujirou

• 2,860 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:50

Reading up a little on it, it looks like it was designed by people who don't know a single thing about making a good espresso machine. I'm certainly no professional myself but I do have a good espresso machine (Rocket Giotto) and I do know a few people in the industry locally.

They seem to make it sound very purpose built but I assure you this is hopelessly overpriced for what it is. Essentially it's a manual lever machine with Wi-Fi and a QR scanner built in. I certainly hope all their customers like drinking ONLY espressos or perhaps Americanos/Long Blacks because there's no milk steaming function on it either.

Also, I seriously doubt a manual machine with 1 group head has any place in a commercial setting (which is their target group?). Perhaps if you're a really small business that serves 1 person every 10-15 minutes or so. As for consistency? I hope the barista operating it has robotic arms to press out the coffee at the right pressure and speed each and every time. Not to mention, it looks butt ugly as well.

Off topic though, it's good to know more coffee addicts here on Neowin.

#22 vincent

vincent

Neowinian Senior

• 21,227 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:00

Oh look, Apple pricing on a coffee maker!

The iJava

:ninja:

#23 Rudie32

Rudie32

Rudie Belova

• 279 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:46

A group of engineers who previously worked at Apple and NASA created an $11,111 coffee maker that measures the liquid’s heat as it brews to maintain the “perfect” temperature. Blossom Coffee company is the brainchild of coffee fan, Jeremy Kuempel, and two colleagues. Kuempel is an MIT engineering graduate who previously worked on Apple’s iPad and at electric-car maker Tesla. The company debuted its first luxury product at Tech Crunch’s Disrupt Conference earlier this month and is taking pre-orders for about 10 of the Blossom One Limited, which are intended for commercial use and will be available in the spring, the company said. The Blossom One Limited is about the size of a traditional desktop computer, measuring 7 inches wide. So far, restaurants, cafes and private individuals have inquired about owning one. When asked if he’s a coffee drinker, Kuempel answered, “I’m obsessed with it.” The company wanted to keep coffee as “front and center” as possible, so the machine’s design only allowed the coffee to touch glass and steel, which are inert materials that won’t react with it. Posted Image “We started with the coffee and designed around it,” Kuempel said. It also has Wi-Fi capability and a camera for a QR scanner. Kuempel said the company is working with high-end coffee bean providers to one day allow users to scan a QR code on the coffee bag. That way, the coffee maker will know exactly what type of coffee it is and how to brew it. more

Coming soon to starbucks across the nation in how long?

#24 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:49

I think I'll stick with my Mr. Coffee. It does everything I need.

I got one too.... 12 cup with programmable thingy.

#25 The_Observer

The_Observer

Apples, Bananas, Rhinoceros!

• 3,960 posts
  • Phone: iPhone5s

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:53

about time coffee machines came with "a camera for a QR scanner."

#26 Kelxin

Kelxin

Neowinian

• 609 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:44

Kuempel is an MIT engineering graduate who previously worked on Apple’s iPad and at electric-car maker Tesla.

So 40% of the coffee makers may spontaneously catch on fire and burn your business down?

http://www.theregist...oadster_recall/

#27 nub

nub

Neowinian Senior

• 2,905 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:49

Wood paneling never goes out of style

#28 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:18

I swear you will make the best coffee ever when you have quality coffee and filtered or mountain fresh water.

Something tells me all the bacteria in your mountain fresh water disagree with you...

#29 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:24

Something tells me all the bacteria in your mountain fresh water disagree with you...

Absolutely not. Apparently you've not been to Japan.

#30 StevenJ

StevenJ

Neowinian

• 236 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:24

Posted Today, 18:18
..Then water is important. Regular tap can be ok, depends on where you live. But garranteed that filtered or mountain fresh water is the best for making coffee. The combination of them makes it best.

Seriously you need to try it. Regular drip is fine for everyday though. I do that. Just never foldgers, maxell house, etc..