Photo

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 dead.cell

dead.cell

My Body My Temple

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:44

Really? You after the "cool" factor or something? A lot of my friends have iPhones and a lot Androids. Dont care what they have really.

He already explained his issue:

I am going to take the high road and explain to you what the big deal with that is.

iMessages are huge when it comes to iphones. iphones do a really good job dealing with MMS and group messages. androids do an AWFUL job with that. it's super annoying to have a group chat with 3 friends who are sending messages and pictures back and fort over wifi while I sit there with my S3 waiting for the network to load a small text that has to be sent as an MMS because it's a group message.... and yes I have tried all the messaging apps. none of them work properly. 3 things I do on a phone. text, email, use maps. unfortunately, my S3 doesn't do any of those the way i want it to.

#32 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• Tech Issues Solved: 13

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:01

He already explained his issue:

Ahh, my bad. Just skimmed thru the previous posts and missed that one.

#33 KeR

KeR

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:20

The new Google Nexus will be out in a month or so, I am waiting to see what that will be like....otherwise I am going to risk it and go with the Lumia 920 (even though its fat and has Windows).

#34 Mr Nom Nom's

Mr Nom Nom's

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC One M8

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:02

I can't really justify the £410 price for the S III, it's just not different enough from my 4S.

1) SDCard Slot
2) User replaceable battery
3) Big high resolution screen

I don't know abut you but for those three features alone it makes the upgrade worth it. Btw, are you looking at getting it on a postpaid plan or prepaid?

#35 OP Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:59

1) SDCard Slot
2) User replaceable battery
3) Big high resolution screen

I don't know abut you but for those three features alone it makes the upgrade worth it. Btw, are you looking at getting it on a postpaid plan or prepaid?

I stream everything, so an SD Card slot isn't useful to me.

Also, I have an external battery for my iPhone 4S, had no issues with it.

Note has a bigger screen ;) And I can get an excellent quality second-hand Note for £275.

I'll be buying it out-right.

#36 +Wannes

Wannes

iCommand ⌘

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 02 October 2012 - 13:02

I'm confused. Why are you all messaging each other if you're sitting next to each other? This sounds extremely bizarre. Why even hang out?

I'm confused to. Where does he say that? :)

#37 wellofsouls

wellofsouls

Neowinian

Posted 02 October 2012 - 14:24

Why not wait some more for the Lumia 920?

And for the three phones you listed, well, basically it really depends on your needs. Galaxy S3 is the most well-balanced and well-supported one, including all those third-party custom ROMs (which is actually quite important for Android devices). It's also the most expensive out of the three.

HTC One X is basically the best camera and music Android phone, it produces better photos than the S3, has superior music quality, and somewhat slower, and cheaper. Third-party custom mod support is not as good as the S3. Also it's SLCD screen is smoother (but less color vibrant) than S3's PenTile screen.

The Galaxy Note, on the other hand, is only good if you really want a phone and a tablet combined. It's really quite bulky as a phone, custom ROMs support is also not as good as the S3, and camera is not as good as the other two. My main gripe about the Galaxy Note is that it cannot fit into a trouser pocket comfortably, well the other two devices can.

I'd say if you really want a large screen device, a real tablet is better. The Galaxy Note is still a bit small for good gaming experience IMO, and you have to put it into a bag just like a real tablet.