Mobile security needed?

What are your opinions on an Android phone (2.3/4.0) needing additional mobile security (like Kaspersky, McAfee or else) in a business environment (Exchange Mail and the like)?

If you are talking Business you are looking for an MDM your popular choices are, Sophos (which we use where I work), Mobile Iron, and Zenprise

Not really a MDM I think... just some email- and surfing protection on 1-3 devices. Nothing fancy and it shouldn't be big.

Also easy maintenance is recommended :)

Needed yes, effective no. By design, it is brickwall impossible to detect malware on an Android system without having root privileges. File scanning is useless as no files can be executed without installation. Web filters in a corporate environment should already be on a network level. Only thing that remains and is worth something - remote lockdown and wipe, which already formally belong to MDM.

As for non-MDM security - Android simply isn't mature enough, it's too fragmented and five nines relies on third parties (which often fail to catch up) for features that should have been OOBE.

Dr Web light, free, won't kill your battery or slow your phone and excellent detection. I firmly believe an antivirus program is needed for mobile devices, they are simply hand held computers and many people use them for everything. I'm really surprised that they aren't targeted more than they currently are.