Which Whiskey ?

This thread is about whiskey not scotch. I was giving my opinion about the OP. Not scotch.

Something that you should go learn about: Whisky is the way (most of the time) the Scots spell it and the Irish (Some of whom will tell you that the Irish made Whiskey first!) spell it Whiskey!!!

I prefer Glenmorangie, but each person prefers his own particular brand, I would suggest giving this a go though.

Last few weeks I've been wanting to try some whiskeys, years ago I was given a glass of whiskey by someones dad, and it was the smoothest nicest thing I have ever tasted, it didn't burn or give you an after-shiver, it was just a really nice smooth warm taste

I've tried a few since and they are all nasty harsh burning tasting things

What sort of whiskey am I looking for ? I have no idea about single malts or anything, I just remember it being easy and tasty to drink

Well, if you were in Canada, I'd suggest these two:

Sortil?ge, a Canadian whiskey and maple syrup liqueur

Forty Creek, http://fortycreekwhisky.com/home.html

I'll just stay the f*ck out of this thread now. Seems like too many people are Scots. So I cannot compete with goat suckers.

Actually no that's just people from Aberdeen, rookie mistake. The rest of us are too busy dying our hair ginger with Irn-Bru and hunting haggis, don't have time to be sucking off goats.

Anyways it's good to see that you are a pro at taking criticism.

Actually no that's just people from Aberdeen, rookie mistake. The rest of us are too busy dying our hair ginger with Irn-Bru and hunting haggis, don't have time to be sucking off goats.

Anyways it's good to see that you are a pro at taking criticism.

This!

Ock aye da noo ... My ass on anyone removin themselves from the thread because they think it is scot biased. Maybe we take the world famous scot out of retirement to show his ass to this. Mel Gibson would love the chance of a revival of his career.

It's hard to find a bad single-malt scotch.

My go-to's are Glenfiddich and recently, Glengoyne - however, for non-scotch, I'm quite partial to John Daniels (joke from 'Scent of a Woman' re: Jack Daniels) and Crown Royal Reserve.

Quite tempted by Cardhu scotch - will have to get a bottle to test

Crown is my favorite cheap whiskey. I haven't really allowed myself to spend the money on too many more expensive bottles. I may have to try some of the suggestions in this thread. Oh, and I do like Makers Mark as well.

Taste varies dramatically from one whiskey to another. As someone mentioned you get what you pay for. I usually go with Jameson. I have been meaning to try some other varieties so I'll check out some of the tips above.

Also...for anyone who enjoys vodka ( I have it occasionally but my wife usually drinks it) we recently tried Tito's and its very good. Much cheaper than most of the premium vodkas and very smooth.

Talisker has to be amongst my favourites.

Used to hate whisky until I went on a work day away and was taught that whisky ≠ bourbon. So glad I was taught that.

Crown is my favorite cheap whiskey. I haven't really allowed myself to spend the money on too many more expensive bottles. I may have to try some of the suggestions in this thread. Oh, and I do like Makers Mark as well.

If you're talking about Crown Royal, it's not really all that cheap. Well, at least not here in my city! That stuff will mess a person up in about 2 minutes, if you don't mix it with soda or anything. But yeah, hope you're talking about CR

• 2 weeks later...

How can no-one have mentioned famous grouse!?

Or Glenfiddich for that matter