Allen Outdoor Gear - Do Not Use

For those of you who shoot, camp, hunt, or do other things outdoors, avoid anything with the "Allen" brand. I bought one of their shotgun shell holders at Wal-Mart, and 20 minutes into yesterday's squirrel hunting trip the stitching started to rip on the pockets. By the end of the trip 2 of the 5 stitches had ripped about halfway down. The holder was in brand new condition when I bought it, and I reached back on the shelf and pulled one from further back that other customers hadn't handled or messed with. Their products are obviously just cheap, chinese crap and don't undergo any actual testing. I e-mailed the company to let them know, and thought I would warn you guys not to buy any of their stuff if this is the quality of workmanship they have.

post-125978-0-21719300-1349026109_thumb.

• 1 month later...

So, since you got one defective product from a company, you are going to assume that all of their products have poor workmanship? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Every company out there has some percentage of defective items. You probably spent more time taking that picture, posting it here, and e-mailing the company than it would have taken to take a needle and thread and fix that stitching.

So, since you got one defective product from a company, you are going to assume that all of their products have poor workmanship? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Every company out there has some percentage of defective items. You probably spent more time taking that picture, posting it here, and e-mailing the company than it would have taken to take a needle and thread and fix that stitching.

No I wouldn't make an assumption based on a single item. The first thing I did was go back to the store and examine all the other identical items to see if maybe I just got one with a loose thread or something. They all felt very poorly made with thin fabric, and the stitching stretched open just with the width of my finger inserted, let alone with a shotgun shell.