Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ryder Cup

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Europe conjure up greatest Ryder Cup comeback in the history of the tournement! Win 14 1/2 to 13 1/2.

Not sure how many watched the last day, it must rank as some of the best and most exciting golf I've seen for a while. Fantastic stuff!

Posted

I have no interest in golf but that was a epic comeback, when I watched a bit yesterday it was 10-6 and Europe looked dead in the water!

Posted

I've been keeping an eye on it and almost gave up hope when Europe were up in the singles by 4.5 / 3.5 early this afternoon. Awesome turnaround, and a really stunning win, and hat's off to Poulter for a really great performance throughout.

Posted

I don't know how the hell they did it but Europe's golfers pulled a real rabbit from the hat there. Amazing fightback.

Posted

The players emotions were absolutely incredible. You have to feel for the American boys, I can just imagine their utter dissapointment. Well done to the lads from Europe, fantastic showing, especially Ian Poulter. The poor man was completely overcome by his emotions, I haven't seen anything like it for many a year. Martin Kaymer's putt on the 18th to clinch the deal kinda reminded me of Kiawah Island, when poor Bernard Langer missed the putt that gave the trophy to the Americans.

They are calling it "The [color=#000000][font=arial]miracle of Medinah."[/font][/color]

Posted

Unbelivable win. Thought it was all over after day 2 and even after some of the early singles wins i didn't think it was going to happen.