How long do you keep your bill statements?

I usually keep em until they're paid. Example all my credit card slips are kept till the end of the cycle so I can crosscheck my usage. Lights, cable, phone etc are all paid and filed for a max of 3 months in case I need to backtrack, but seriously the less paper the better. :)

Do you use just a regular scanner or that Neat Receipt machine?

---

I was under the impression we need to hang on to the statements for like 7 years.

I just use a big copy machine that has a scanning function.

I keep them in a Bankers box one box for each year, I Keep only the current year in my house and all the other boxes are kept in storage.

What comes as paper gets turned into a PDF with this device.

It gets added to the same bills directory with all of my other PDF's that I download of the net. I plan on keeping them forever. They also get backed up 12 ways til Sunday! LOL.

Should also back them up using m disk format (http://millenniata.com/m-disc/) disc's are suppose to last 1000 years, but you at least get your life time out of it.

Just look for LG drive with the M@Disc logo on the front. There out there cheap.

I keep them in a Bankers box one box for each year, I Keep only the current year in my house and all the other boxes are kept in storage.

That is a good idea. But I'd only be able to fill like 1/4 of the box if it's once a year.