england eating him out of business pigging out

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Cute James

Cute James

Neowinian

• 1,061 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 23:16

The owner has the right to decide who is and who is not welcome in his restaurant.

These two greedy bloaters deserve to be banned. Buffet-style restaurants are intended to allow customers to sample a wide variety of dishes, not simply to consume as much as possible.

#17 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,210 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 03 October 2012 - 23:16

If there was ever a thread that needed the picture of the people in the article, this one is it.
Posted Image

I LOVE the fact they are both holding they stomachs. :rofl:

#18 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,481 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 23:18

Yeah, I don't know about this. They're clearly regulars, and there are surely more people who don't eat their money's worth (always happens to me :pinch: )

Don't you want a big ass so you can then collect Disability ... ? :laugh:

#19 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

I don't think its the amount they are eating, but in the manner they are eating it

Quote:
"They are in such a hurry to beat everyone to the food they spoil everything. We are supposed to be a buffet but they eat everything out of the bowls before people can get there

#20 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,942 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Yeah, I don't know about this. They're clearly regulars, and there are surely more people who don't eat their money's worth (always happens to me :pinch: ) than folks like this--I highly doubt they are losing money due to these two individuals.

These businesses make most of their money from drinks and if these people were avoiding drinks, eating large amounts of food and opting for the more expensive items then they could easily cost the business more money than they paid. Further, if the additional claims - like pushing other customers out of the way - are true then that is a legitimate concern, though they sound fabricated to me.

At the end of the day the business is making its money by offering "all you can eat" and should honour that. Some customers will cost more than they pay but they will make that up from the other customers. If they are losing money because of their business model then perhaps its time to change what they're doing. Two people should not be able to threaten the financial viability of a business.

#21 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 23:22

The owner has the right to decide who is and who is not welcome in his restaurant.

These two greedy bloaters deserve to be banned. Buffet-style restaurants are intended to allow customers to sample a wide variety of dishes, not simply to consume as much as possible.

So, how is anyone to know what "within reason" is when they clearly advertise all you can eat? Advertise "within reason" if you are going to be truthful.Everyone has a different idea of how much is too much.

#22 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,481 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 23:24

^ They should just charge by the pound. :p

#23 Cute James

Cute James

Neowinian

• 1,061 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 23:32

That's actually a pretty good idea.

Place a set of scales at the entrance and calculate the 'all you can eat' price based on an individual's weight.

#24 thatguyandrew1992

thatguyandrew1992

Neowinian Senior

• 2,326 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 23:36

If you advertise "All can you can eat" deal with it. If you can't, stop advertising that. I honestly think this is messed up.

#25 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,481 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 23:53

That's actually a pretty good idea.

Place a set of scales at the entrance and calculate the 'all you can eat' price based on an individual's weight.

I really meant by the weight of the food they ate, but I guess you could weigh the customer, before and after eating. :laugh:

#26 Cute James

Cute James

Neowinian

• 1,061 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 23:54

That's work too. ;)

#27 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 10,732 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 03 October 2012 - 23:57

"Fair use policy" comes to mind. :)

He was clearly pirating the food.

#28 +techbeck

techbeck

It's not that I am lazy, it's that I just don't care

• 19,632 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 00:04

Now, if they were causing problems and making it so others couldnt eat and not leaving food for others, then that is a problem. There are also other places to eat as well.

Sounds like these guys were just being cheap. Drinking only water and...what is a service fee? Like a tip?

#29 tiagosilva29

tiagosilva29

Looking for a job in Lisbon

• 12,231 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:18

If you advertise "All can you can eat" deal with it. If you can't, stop advertising that.

This. They never consider the outliers, and for some reason, it's always our fault.

#30 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,481 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 13:58

Just imagine the cost in toilet paper alone ...