tablets

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Joshie

Joshie

Wandering NPC

• 4,616 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 23:28

Apple. Carefully cutting up and dividing the market as necessary to make their numbers look good.

When all tablets are over $499, it's just "the tablet market".

When tablets start competing on price, ignore all tablets cheaper than the iPad and it becomes "the premium tablet market".

When OS vs. OS numbers aren't on Apple's side anymore, it's the "OEM vs. OEM premium tablet market".

And if Amazon Android devices start outselling iPads, it'll become the "specific model vs. specific model" market, guaranteeing that, as long as the Kindle Fire HD 4G 64GB in white sells less than the iPad 4G 64GB in white, Apple fans can cheer.

#17 Somnus

Somnus

Ban this ^^^ guy!

• 524 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:40

Android might be gaining market share, but their eco-system is horribly fractured.

Here I sit with a Samsung Galaxy Tav 8.9 LTE on Android 3.2 and can't even install Chrome on it because it requires 4.0.

Half of the applications I want to install, I can't. Yay market share!!

#18 Euphoria

Euphoria

--- eüphorïå ---

• 2,338 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:58

And that number is now obviously 52% and dropping.

Right... I wonder why people don't read anymore.... Read the full article...

#19 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,307 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:29

And that number is now obviously 52% and dropping.

Is that iPad falling or the market expanding though? I see no demand for Android above the $99-$199 cheapo tablet markets. The success of Android phones is down to cheap or free-on-contract phones (You notice this once you look outside the US bubble). So far they don't have any market in $400+ tablets (see Amazon vs Samsung in that chart). It is also amusing to see people clubbing Kindle etc. i.e. non-PlayStore tablets to inflate Android numbers. They don't add to the ecosystem and hence no point in counting them under Android.

#20 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,205 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 17:26

I think it's funny. Where are all those Apple fans who were telling me that iPad will go even higher than 68% they had? As far as I can, they are dropping so fast in marketshare that they are taking a nose dive. I am pretty sure they will be below 50% when Nexus 7 numbers are counted.

I think it was always fairly obvious that Android tablets would brute force the market just like Android phones.

Anywho, both iOS and Android are excellent products and it's good to see competition :D

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!