24 posts in this topic

Posted

[b]PORT ST. LUCIE, FL[/b]

Posted

Products of our fine educational system.

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1349310242' post='595224067']
The teen said he was carrying the gun because he and his friend walked to Walmart and they wanted protection.
[/quote]

Iiiiiinteresting...

Posted

[quote name='Growled' timestamp='1349321927' post='595224363']
[/quote]

Give credit where it's due.....Obama's fine educational system. :)

Posted

[quote]The teen said he has nobody to blame but himself[/quote]
At least he took accountability for his actions, thats rare these days, [s] It's ALWAYS somebodys fault.[/s], I guess there is still [i]some[/i] hope for the younger generation.

Posted

[quote name='Turion' timestamp='1349322736' post='595224381']
Give credit where it's due.....Obama's fine educational system. :)
[/quote]

How is it Obama's education system?
2 people like this

Posted

[quote name='Reacon' timestamp='1349324607' post='595224395']

How is it Obama's education system?
[/quote] Presidents are responsible for everything in their term. So being executive chief the educational system is his. Haven't you paid attention to the news about the new lunch program spearheaded by the president?

Posted

I blame TV shows
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='Turion' timestamp='1349325087' post='595224401']Presidents are responsible for everything in their term. So being executive chief the educational system is his. Haven't you paid attention to the news about the new lunch program spearheaded by the president?[/quote]
Let's pretend that I'm President. The day before I'm to be replaced, I go and put the whole budget in to buying missles. Let's pretend that this takes 5 minutes to do, and that 5 minutes later I have been replaced as President. Do you blame the new President for the mass of weapons, or do you blame the person before who went and bought them? Relating that example to the state of the education system, you can't put the entire blame on Obama. Given the education system's history, Obama has only had a small amount of time to make any changes and these changes take time to come to fruition. It's not Obama's education system, it's America's education system.

Posted

Actually.. if they thought it through a bit more.. it wasn't a bad plan lol

Posted

Hope it was all crap cards they got in the Yu-Gi-Oh packets :p

Posted

[quote name='Intrinsica' timestamp='1349359857' post='595225115']
Let's pretend that I'm President. The day before I'm to be replaced, I go and put the whole budget in to buying missles. Let's pretend that this takes 5 minutes to do, and that 5 minutes later I have been replaced as President. Do you blame the new President for the mass of weapons, or do you blame the person before who went and bought them? Relating that example to the state of the education system, you can't put the entire blame on Obama. Given the education system's history, Obama has only had a small amount of time to make any changes and these changes take time to come to fruition. It's not Obama's education system, it's America's education system.
[/quote]Guess you didn't watch the debate last night where Obama was spewing off his amazing program that was helping the American Education system, you know, the one he can directly influence. Or are you also claiming that Bush's failed "No child left behind" program wasn't Bush's fault?

Posted

well, i'd give them an 'A' for effort!

Posted

[/quote]
Missiles don't get delivered in 5 minutes; your supposed example fails because it is absolutely the new president's fault if he doesn't cancel the missile order.

Posted

[quote name='Buttus' timestamp='1349361138' post='595225173']
well, i'd give them an 'A' for effort!
[/quote]But you don't get graded on effort(at least you shouldn't be) You should be graded on result, which means "F". :rofl:
1 person likes this

Posted

[i]Cleaned. Take it to the [url="http://www.neowin.net/forum/forum/232-domestic-politics/"]Politics[/url] boards folks.[/i]

Posted

[quote name='Hum' timestamp='1349359264' post='595225097']
I blame TV shows
[/quote]
I'm surprised to hear you say that. Is this sarcasm? Cause I blame the liberal media for most of what's wrong with society.

Posted

[/quote]

the sum of your assumption... blame bush.

Posted

[quote name='Turion' timestamp='1349364067' post='595225263']
I'm surprised to hear you say that. Is this sarcasm? Cause I blame the liberal media for most of what's wrong with society.
[/quote]

I would not be at all surprised they took the cop idea from a TV plot.

Posted

[quote name='ChrisJ1968' timestamp='1349364129' post='595225265']the sum of your assumption... blame bush.[/quote] No, that's the same mistake. You're trying to put the fault of a system that has gone through years of regular changes in management on the shoulders of one person. If you want to blame this on the state of the education system then that blame is to be shared over many presidents, not just one.

Posted

[quote name='Growled' timestamp='1349321927' post='595224363']
[/quote]
Them acting like this likely has nothing to do with the education system. The education system could be the best in the world, but some kids just don't work hard at school.

Posted

Why does everything turn into politics around here now.. I'm building a stargate.. PEACE!
1 person likes this

Posted

You can never go wrong by blaming Bush. :D

Posted

[quote name='jkenn99' timestamp='1349361173' post='595225177']
Missiles don't get delivered in 5 minutes; your supposed example fails because it is absolutely the new president's fault if he doesn't cancel the missile order.
[/quote]
You can't just cancel a contract like that.
Or rather you can, but then pay loads more money for a breech of contract.

That's the problem all over the place though. Governments aren't in power long enough to make a real difference. We had Labour for years who did an okay job, but the first half of their term was spent undoing all what the Conservatives had done years previous.
Now the Conservatives are in again, they are simply undoing all what Labour did.

However a good plan by the guys and as another user said, if they'd thought it out a bit better then they could have got away with it.