california nazi germany trick-or-treat

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 redvamp128

redvamp128

Neowinian Senior

• 3,925 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 00:48

The problem (not defending them) is that some people are labeled as a Sex Offender on the basis that they got caught with a Hooker or in some cases not even in the act but the bargaining of money for sexual services exchange and not with children.

Now some of those people have paid the fine, served the time in some cases , but would still have to do the same as a child sex offender.

Once you get the label it sticks... in fact there is a man who moved into a house that had a sex offender living there five years ago still gets the occasional harassment by people. This person is not on the list but bought the house in an auction when the offender quit paying on the house.

Now I am all for the no-light and no serve candy for the CHILD sex offenders...

#17 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:54

I agree that there are people on the sex offender list that probably shouldn't be there. However, how can we know who did what and how can we know it's safe for our kids to go to their house. Better safe than sorry for me.

#18 seta-san

seta-san

Neowinian Senior

• 4,426 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:09

some years ago i might have said that sex offenders deserve whatever they get. The more I look at it though this is ****ed up. Not even murders are put up with these sort of restrictions in personal liberty after release from prison. They are allowed to reintegrate back into society for as much as they can. If the government really believes that these people are still such a danger to society that they can't give out candy on halloween then maybe they shouldn't have released them from prison to begin with. It's even more cruel to have a sex offender label that severely limits what kind of jobs you can take and where you're allowed to live and have to go door to door arounda a neighborhood annoucning your the new resident sex offender then to allow them to rot in jail and at least be guarunteed food, shelter, and medical attention.

#19 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,555 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:23

Aren't the location of sex offenders supposed to be secret? Putting a sign on the front door would blow that secrecy. They need to be consistent: no sign if it is secret. Sign if it is not secret. If it is supposed to be secret but they are making them put out signs then this will blow their secrecy and give these Pedos as leg to stand on to get the whole thing tossed out. Just take the provision of a sign out and disallow them from opening the door or putting out decorations or turning on outside lights and that would be sufficient. I'm sure parents will be adamant to their children to move on to any houses that don't have decorations or outside lights as this makes the resident a POTENTIAL sex offender (or it could be that they are not home), this is as opposed to being CONFIRMED by having a sign out, and makes the whole thing get tossed out.

In my part of the world, the police are OBLIGATED to notify the neighborhood that a sex offender is moving in. Each neighbor receives a flyer with the photo of the person. My state also has the same law - no trick or treaters and they must remain indoors during this time period. I know most agencies (parole/therapy) have mandatory sessions during this time frame as well.

#20 mokthraka

mokthraka

Neowinian Senior

• 3,682 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:18

I agree that there are people on the sex offender list that probably shouldn't be there. However, how can we know who did what and how can we know it's safe for our kids to go to their house. Better safe than sorry for me.

I don't know. Reform the laws so only actual sex offenders are on the list?

Not little kids sending pictures to each other or drunks.

I don't know. Reform the laws so only actual sex offenders are on the list?

Not little kids sending pictures to each other or drunks.

#21 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,725 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900 / Oneplus One

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:25

I don't know, if you're officially recognised as a sex offender I'd think you should face whatever restrictions the county decides.

The sex offender title is grossly overused in the US.

If you had sex with your under 18 girlfriend (even if you were the same age as her) and got caught, you can be labelled a sex offender.
Go pee in the woods and get caught? Oh you're a sex offender too.
Sent a nude picture of yourself to your girlfriend and her dad saw it and reported you? Sex offender.

There was a story on reddit not too long ago about a kid (great grades, scholarship to an ivy league university etc) who got a ******* from his gf on prom night and the next day she was telling some friends and the principle overhead. He/she reported him and he was put on the sex offenders list, lost his scholarship, and now works some minimum wage job because nobody else would hire him or accept him into university.

#22 FightAndLive

FightAndLive

Neowinian

• 341 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:26

I grew up in Simi Valley the town that's featured in this article, I was actuallyy shocked on how many pedophiles actually lifeige there. I dont get why there ****ed so they cant hand out free oh oj Halloween get over it.

#23 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,734 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:24

I grew up in Simi Valley the town that's featured in this article, I was actuallyy shocked on how many pedophiles actually lifeige there. I dont get why there ****ed so they cant hand out free oh oj Halloween get over it.

Sex offender != pedophile. Try reading the thread. You can even get thrown on this list for taking a pee in the street whilst drunk...

#24 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,617 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 13:21

I say, outlaw all Sex.

#25 +Nik L

Nik L

Where's my pants?

• 34,106 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 13:30

I say they should spend the night in Jail.. Or the rest of their lives.. but whatever..

As far as I am concerned they lost their rights when they became sex offenders.

I have a friend who WAS on the sex offenders register in the UK. What was he on it for? One night while out, he went down a side alley for a pee. He's not a yob, but it was 4am, needed to go and all the clubs were throwing people out - hence not letting him in. He used a dark alley, made sure nobody could see and we all loitered around outside the alley. A police woman came past and shone her torch down there, she saw literally the top of his butt crack as he hadn't pulled jeans down. She filed that he exposed himself to her and was masturbating. He then gets put on the same list as rapists and child molesters.

Think before you make such ridiculous comments!

#26 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,359 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 05 October 2012 - 14:47

I'm fine with adding people to sex offenders list.

But at the same time, if the person is proved innocence, we should be able to take him/her off from the list, which is not the case today.

#27 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:30

I say, outlaw all Sex.

That's a terrible idea. :p

#28 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:46

Or you can do what you are suppose to as a parent and go with them when they go trick or treating, problem solved. And if you really want to know what a particular sex offender did, you can find out. Court records are public record, even in the case of child sex offenders where they just don't name the children involved. I find it absurd that we have all this technology that tracks where they are living but can't add to the same database what it was they did. If I were to have sex with my gf out in the country somewhere and a happens country sheriff catches us,e go on a sex offenders list. What does two 26 year olds having sex have anything to do with a child and their safety? It is idiotic to ban people based on a broad title that hardly means anything anymore.

#29 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,701 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:07

yes this law is way over used. Not everyone on the list is a sex crazed rapist.

Besides its only giving out candy. Its not like kids are going inside the house.

#30 FightAndLive

FightAndLive

Neowinian

• 341 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:42

Try reading the thread. You can even get thrown on this list for taking a pee in the street whilst drunk...

I knew this before reading the thread : ), this thread isn't about the stupidity of how people can get on the sex offender list but should there be a blanket law prohibiting all sex offenders from handing out candy, and personally I don't see the problem with this.

How many of you guys actually would care if you couldn't hand out candy at halloween? I wouldn't lol.