• 12,231 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:47

For all I care: outlaw Halloween.

#33 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,503 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:51

I don't see what they think will happen --- a majority of the trick-or-treaters are accompanied by a parent, and they should know enuff to not go inside someone's house.

'Society' worries too much.

#34 sava700

sava700

• 1,485 posts
  • Phone: nice phone

Posted 06 October 2012 - 13:11

It's a good law IMO.. around here its a little different but there was an instance where some kids showed up at a door and the guy kept answering naked and so on. It's only 3-4hours of stay in and no lights outside which doesn't matter any more cause parents are out dragging their kids around in broad daylight now which I know for me I will NOT hand out any candy no matter if my whole yard is done up till the sun is down and there is a little bit of darkness at least.

#35 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• 10,729 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 06 October 2012 - 17:36

I knew this before reading the thread : ), this thread isn't about the stupidity of how people can get on the sex offender list but should there be a blanket law prohibiting all sex offenders from handing out candy, and personally I don't see the problem with this.

How many of you guys actually would care if you couldn't hand out candy at halloween? I wouldn't lol.

So you are suggesting the government should decide which freedoms are important to me and stripe them off me as it pleases?

Glassed Silver:mac

#36 roadwarrior

roadwarrior

Mississippian by birth and by choice

• 12,944 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 21:20

I agree that there are people on the sex offender list that probably shouldn't be there. However, how can we know who did what and how can we know it's safe for our kids to go to their house. Better safe than sorry for me.

Spend five minutes and look at the registry maybe? Not sure about other places but the registry in my state tells you what they were convicted of.

#37 roadwarrior

roadwarrior

• 12,944 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 21:26

It's a good law IMO.. around here its a little different but there was an instance where some kids showed up at a door and the guy kept answering naked and so on. It's only 3-4hours of stay in and no lights outside which doesn't matter any more cause parents are out dragging their kids around in broad daylight now which I know for me I will NOT hand out any candy no matter if my whole yard is done up till the sun is down and there is a little bit of darkness at least.

Your math sucks. 5PM to Midnight is not 3-4 hours.

#38 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 22:09

Spend five minutes and look at the registry maybe? Not sure about other places but the registry in my state tells you what they were convicted of.

Why should we have to spend our time doing that?

#39 roadwarrior

roadwarrior

• 12,944 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 14:29

Why should we have to spend our time doing that?

You asked how you could know what they did. I told you. Not everyone on the sex offender registry is a pedo, as has been mentioned in numerous posts here.