Should Apple Buy Nokia to fix Maps App?

I wish Microsoft would buy Lenovo and Nokia then produce their own hardware software combination rather than the half-assed crap that exists out there already.

Back on topic - the solution is for Apple to suck up their pride and licence the mapping technology from Nokia until their on in house technology is mature.

You can't be serious? Apple is nowhere even close to Nokia's mapping system. Barely google can keep up with them. :/

Let's see:

Nokia doesn't offer me street view

Nokia doesn't offer me transit directions of all public transportation

Nokia doesn't offer me transit schedules

Nokia frequently uses out of date maps

Nokia Maps is is frequently slow as hell when it comes to loading times

The only thing I find truly better is Nokia's turn-by-turn navigation since you can download entire countries which are then available offline. Googles solution of only being able to download a 80 by 80 kilometer (I think) area at a time is somewhat annoying.

Let's see:

Nokia frequently uses out of date maps

Nokia's NAVTEQ is US based....

Your point being?

They might not be as strong in some other countries... I know tom-tom is NL based and the US accuracy isn't as good. That's who apple used for thier maps. Tom-Tom

I would like to see Apple get their hands on some of Nokia valuables sch as wireless charging. They would be better off buying Garmin.

It's not a Nokia technology, they license it from a third party and everyone else can to, it's a standard called Qi or something.