iPhone 4s with iOS6

So can Apps be minimized? I'd like to keep music playing while running Waze.

I haven't figured out how to switch back and forth.

Yes and yes. If you hit the hard button to go back to the menu interface, the app remains in the background.

Music can play in the background. I know iTunes and the iHeart Radio app both work that way.

If it works like the iPad, swiping three fingers to the right cues up another loaded app. You can return by swiping left. You can also swipe three fingers up to show all loaded apps (all other loaded apps if you do it within an app).

If you swipe up, then press and hold on an app icon in the menu of open apps, it will allow you to close apps that are open.

It doesn't work like the iPad.. No multi jesture support for the iphone.

In order to multi task, like Buddy said, just click the Home button. It will "minimize" if it supports background playing. If you want it back you can either double tap the home button to see your multitasking list, which you can then scroll right and left on to see all open tasks, or you can just click the app icon again to open it.

no JB for iOS6 mate... and won't be for a month or 2. Will either have to drop back down to 5.1.1 or wait it out