Insurance Prices

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 ILikeTobacco

ILikeTobacco

Neowinian Senior

• 4,789 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 13:02

Holy crap, I would never want to drive if I lived over there... Deposits for insurance? I pay about $100 a month for my cars insurance and that is full coverage, meaning the max personal injury coverage, max car rental coverage, roadside assistance, accident coverage, gap insurance(means if I owe 26k on the car, and it is only worth 24k when it is totalled, the insurance still pays 26k), and weather insurance. Not sure what the real name for the weather insurance is but basically, since we get a lot of hail storms here, insurance will always cover it at no cost to me.

#17 Soldiers33

Soldiers33

Neowinian Senior

• 2,410 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 13:16

Just wait a little, goverment is looking into insurance since they charge so much they may force them to reduce prices by a large amount.

#18 BGM

BGM

Wibble Wobble™

• 5,993 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 13:25

wow it took 'til the second page for this thread to turn into a "i pay x for my insurance" thread...

they always go the same way.

#19 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

• 2,387 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305)

Posted 05 October 2012 - 13:41

True, although I have been looking into an IT Tech job and I kinda need a car for that as that is what I am qualified to do.

My dads insurance allows him to drive any car he likes as long as he has permission so I could talk to him about adding me to it and it should (I think?) allow the same for me as well so I could just pay him the extra that he would have to pay.

just watch with that a lot of insurers wont allow you to drive other cars with permission until your 25, i know mine, mym parents and my sisters policies are all like this

you also cant do this to drive the car all the time if insurers know your doing this they will void your insurance in an accident

#20 Dorza

Dorza

Neowinian

• 108 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 15:33

I'm 21. I'm looking at prices for when I am fully qualified (I will also be doing the advanced courses) and their still in the thousands of pounds for 3rd party which is stupid.

As I say, your a young male, the market will stereotype you and force you to pay silly money to drive and you do need to drive. It's extremely difficult to rely on UK public transport! There is no way around it I'm afraid, at the time I was learning (about 10 years ago) my dad phoned about 30-50 insurance companies as that's how he is and the best he could have for me was £1200 3rd party on a Ford Ka....I was a week away from turning 18 when I passed. I did my pass plus immediately after passing which helps lower your premiums but after afew years it makes no difference. It gets better after 25 and I think your compulsory excess comes down as well at that point.

#21 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,262 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 00:05

It's usually cheaper to go onto somebody's insurance as a named driver.

Go on comparethemarket.com and do a search. I've had three good deals with results from that site now. Insured with eCar, then Admiral and now I'm moving to Hastings Direct in a few days. Two years no claims and my insurance was literally three times what it is now when I started.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!