Bobby Valentine Finally Fired

There doesn't seem to be many baseball threads but I had to express my excitement that Bobby V has been fired. Now if they could only follow that up with canning Larry Lucchino the Sox could get back on the right track.

As a Yankees fan, I'd like a moment of silence to mourn Bobby Valentine's passing. He was an incredible asset to the Yankees and it will be difficult for someone to live up to his standard of excellence.

• Like 1

Very true he will be tough to replace. I couldn't help but laugh the other day when ESPN was trying to plug the Sox/Yankees games with the usual rivalry banter.

There doesn't seem to be many baseball threads but I had to express my excitement that Bobby V has been fired. Now if they could only follow that up with canning Larry Lucchino the Sox could get back on the right track.

Finally? He was there for ONE SEASON.

The reason Valentine was fired is because the owner can't fire himself.

As a Yankees fan, I'd like a moment of silence to mourn Bobby Valentine's passing. He was an incredible asset to the Yankees and it will be difficult for someone to live up to his standard of excellence.

As a Red Sox fan, I was hoping he's stick around for one more season. Ticket prices have finally gotten back to reasonable prices, another year with Bobby V and we could have gone for free.

It's always fire the coach when things don't go well. Try firing the management and those lazy, overpaid bums they call players as well.

The GM was in his first year and Bobby V was forced on him by the president Larry Lucchino. But I agree with getting rid of the players, they got rid of a few but not enough.