• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• 8,382 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 06 October 2012 - 13:01

Coffee helps with lots of things and it makes lots of things worse.

I'm sure if you drink enough it'll cancel everything out then. :rofl: To Costa Coffee I go!!!

#17 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,023 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 06 October 2012 - 13:25

whatever.... more BS 'studies'....

Heaven forbid scientists investigate a serious medical condition and try to identify what causes it. How dare they! /s

I hate this modern trend for anti-intellectualism and anti-science. This is how science works - knowledge doesn't just come into existence; it doesn't just magically appear in science books. It's a very sad day when scientific research is dismissed out-of-hand. Saying "whatever" isn't 'cool' or 'hip'; it's immature.

#18 tiagosilva29

tiagosilva29

You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

• 12,141 posts
  • Phone: I need a new one. Gibe moni plos

Posted 06 October 2012 - 14:46

Posted Image

Y'all **********ers need barley.

#19 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 06 October 2012 - 20:01

Heaven forbid scientists investigate a serious medical condition and try to identify what causes it. How dare they! /s

I hate this modern trend for anti-intellectualism and anti-science. This is how science works - knowledge doesn't just come into existence; it doesn't just magically appear in science books. It's a very sad day when scientific research is dismissed out-of-hand. Saying "whatever" isn't 'cool' or 'hip'; it's immature.

nope... it's these yuppie scum that wanna force thier diet on the world....so they find excuses to scare people into it by publishing these studies....

just like "studies show that people that wear black shirts are more likely to be bad people" just becuase someone hates black and think it's the devils color or some crap like that... will pay people to say that and control people...

it's all about controlling people and not a matter or smart vs dumb.

#20 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 20:04

And I always thought it was w....

THAT'S IT, no more coffee :p

#21 vetJohn S.

John S.

 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

• 19,541 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 06 October 2012 - 20:19

why are the posts sooo blurry all of a sudden? :p

seriously though, just trying some whole bean seattles best medium blend and it's awesomely smooth

#22 SiCKX

SiCKX

Cannibal

• 1,258 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 20:29

They are just emphasizing on the fact that caffeine in really large amounts causes blurred vision depending on the person.

I hate this trend of studies.

#23 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 21:48

You know if you wait a month or so another scientist will put out a study that tells us that coffee is good for us. :laugh:

#24 +devHead

devHead

Get Off The Bandwagon, Put Down The Handbook

• 2,663 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 521

Posted 07 October 2012 - 21:53

Oh I see whats going on...after winning the war on smoking they are turning their attention to coffee...don't be fooled guys,the tea cartel will stop at nothing.

Drinking coffee is like drinking a hot cup of freedom!

A1 Brother! I've been drinking coffee since I was about 14, and while I've always needed glasses (since 3rd grade), I can't say that my vision has deteriorated. Granted, I'm pretty bad in my right eye, but my vision has remain pretty much unchanged in the past 15 years. Of course, I drink 1-2 cups a coffee a day; one in the morning and sometimes one in the afternoon.

#25 -Razorfold

-Razorfold

Neowinian Senior

• 9,627 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 07 October 2012 - 22:36

nope... it's these yuppie scum that wanna force thier diet on the world....so they find excuses to scare people into it by publishing these studies....

just like "studies show that people that wear black shirts are more likely to be bad people" just becuase someone hates black and think it's the devils color or some crap like that... will pay people to say that and control people...

it's all about controlling people and not a matter or smart vs dumb.

...Are you high or something?

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. This is just a university study saying if you drink more than 3 cups of coffee a day you might suffer vision loss. They aren't contacting the US government and asking them to ban coffee. Guess what, anything in excess will cause some sort of damage at some point of time in your life.

Universities research stuff, that's one of the reasons why they exist. This is a private university so all its funding comes from students and those students (and professors) decide what they want to research for their degrees.

#26 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

• 4,534 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 22:37

Man, everything fun seems to cause you to go blind eventually. Oh well, I'm not going to stop masturbating or drinking coffee. :laugh: (My vision is still perfect so far...)

#27 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:22

Man, everything fun seems to cause you to go blind eventually. Oh well, I'm not going to stop masturbating or drinking coffee. :laugh: (My vision is still perfect so far...)

I wear glasses at times and I'm not much of a coffee drinker so...... :D

#28 Mohitster

Mohitster

Neowinian

• 1,441 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 525

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:33

whatever.... more BS 'studies'....

And why exactly is it BS?

#29 remixedcat

remixedcat

meow!

• 10,072 posts
  • Phone: I use telepathy and cat meows to communicate

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:39

And why exactly is it BS?

there's always some fad study attacking something new we eat or drink every year that people can't prove or they try to skew results in their favor because we might eat or drink something they don't like....

I don't like people eating beans.... or sauerkraut... so I'm gonna fund a study to make them look like they contribute to a small penis.... so people would stop eating them....

#30 Tuishimi

Tuishimi

Michinator

• 843 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:44

I'm in trouble.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!