Google Account user name - How to change it?

Question

I have a Google account that I use for web history, analytics and webmaster tools. I sign into that account with my Hotmail emaill address. I am setting up a service that requires a gmail account; I do not have a gmail product on this account, so when I click on gmail, it shows: Your new address: jkotest2@gmail.com. I do not want to use jkotest2, I'm not sure how to change this. Any advice?

post-116484-0-94029000-1349537700_thumb.

First and last name is there. Was your account set up initially with a non-gmail account like mine?

You're stuck with it, I had the same problem. If you had a non-gmail account then added gmail, you can't remove it. :(

First and last name is there. Was your account set up initially with a non-gmail account like mine?

Nope, iirc it was always a gmail account, but depending on what I sign into that uses that email address, it mostly shows my name, but occasionally the first part of my email address instead and when it does that, it changes it on everything and I have to go into something like gtalk and change it back

The problem is that I'd like to change the username jkotest2 to something else, so that when I do try to create a gmail account under this account, it won't be jkotest2@gmail.com.

I think a few years ago I put that in there not knowing what it is, now I cannot change it.

Is it taking that from the hotmail address / username ?

Can you change it in hotmail and see if it changes in gmail ?

Is it taking that from the hotmail address / username ?

Can you change it in hotmail and see if it changes in gmail ?

Doubt it'd change it.

See if theres any username change sort of thing, and look for that username everywhere.

If theres an option for it, delete the gmail without deleting the google account?

See your screenshot?

Click "Products" on the left.

Next to the heading "Your Products", click "edit".

Under the heading "Delete a Product" click "Remove gmail permanently".

See if you can assign a different username.

I don't have a gmail "product" on this account. My intials are not set anywhere that I can find other than the screen shot.

I don't have a gmail "product" on this account. My intials are not set anywhere that I can find other than the screen shot.

How about a secondary email account you have added as a security / password retrieval method ?

No alternates either.

Well if they are your initials, it hasn't just used random characters, they have to be saved somewhere, possibly your messenger username or something you use that hotmail address for

Just do the following.

Create another google/gmail account with the username/email address of your liking.

Go into your account with the username/address that you dislike, and go into the settings.

Make it so that your new account forwards email to the old one.

Make it so that you can send your email AS the new account, like sending email through the old account, but uses new one's email address so sent it?

All I remember is at one point Google wanted me to create a username, I think I may have added a gmail account at one point but that account no longer existed. It's possible that jkotest2 was infact an address at one point. But I don't want to use this address for a new gmail account.

The google account that I have now, I sign into with with a hotmail address, so right now I dont have a gmail account.

All I remember is at one point Google wanted me to create a username, I think I may have added a gmail account at one point but that account no longer existed. It's possible that jkotest2 was infact an address at one point. But I don't want to use this address for a new gmail account.

The google account that I have now, I sign into with with a hotmail address, so right now I dont have a gmail account.

I would just clear a browser of your choice's cookies > make a new gmail account not connected to anything > forward hotmail emails to that

That way you get the username / email address you want

I would just clear a browser of your choice's cookies > make a new gmail account not connected to anything > forward hotmail emails to that

That way you get the username / email address you want

Thats what I said. :/

23r2s1s.jpg

35hpfsm.jpg

Really useful, so many accounts. :laugh:

I'm not intending on stopping the use of my hotmail, I sign into the Google account with the hotmail address, so that when I'm at the webmaster tools or the analytics tools or google reader, my settings are all there under the hotmail. I have a new service, a VOIP provider that uses Google voice. That provider requires a gmail address, I already have my google voice number set up under my google account that is accessed by the hotmail account. I need to create a gmail address under this account, I'd rather not use jkotest2. I'm not sure if I'm making this clear or not. I am not intending on using Gmail for my email provider, just to use for this VOIP service account.

Then simply look at your screenshot, click that Edit button under "Email addresses and usernames", and add the address for a new account LOL

Off to bed~