According to Google Maps, Cars fall into the hoover dam

Ouch , I hate when that happens ! It dosn't surprise me however , g-maps have all the streets names in my neighborhood reversed ! Like they say , "You can't get there from here" ! :blink:

I thought it was ecurity related but it is not the dam itself.

Probable hapens to fall on the edge between two aerial photographs, one taken before and one after the bridge was built. I lies on the border so the imagery for the complete road on either side might only go up to the bridge so the middle bottom half misses out on up to date imagery.

I thought it was ecurity related but it is not the dam itself.

Probable hapens to fall on the edge between two aerial photographs, one taken before and one after the bridge was built. I lies on the border so the imagery for the complete road on either side might only go up to the bridge so the middle bottom half misses out on up to date imagery.

i would say that it is a mistake since bing maps shows it just fine except the birds eye view is messed up

post-74594-0-75965200-1349582560_thumb.j

post-74594-0-30304400-1349582575_thumb.j

Even with Bing you can see that there are many overlapping images going in different directions. The Bing loses the shadow of the bridge before the water starts, the stream is completely different north and south of the bridge. There is no complete imagery of the whole bridge as a single image. It seems Google just missed updating the imagery for the bottom half. And Apple's maps must have come from Bing's bird's eyes from the look of it.

Even with Bing you can see that there are many overlapping images going in different directions. The Bing loses the shadow of the bridge before the water starts, the stream is completely different north and south of the bridge. There is no complete imagery of the whole bridge as a single image. It seems Google just missed updating the imagery for the bottom half. And Apple's maps must have come from Bing's bird's eyes from the look of it.

No they came from Tom Tom as Tom Tom provides all the data

Um.. Welcome to 2005? The point of this thread?

The point of this thread would be, despite all the hate for Apple Maps, the competition can get it wrong too. Nobody is perfect ;)

The point of this thread would be, despite all the hate for Apple Maps, the competition can get it wrong too. Nobody is perfect ;)

But this point actually needed to be made? Seriously?

It's just at first glance, this just appears to be an apple user shouting "see! It's not just us!" (I don't actually know if he is or not, didn't check)

It's like, well. yeah, and?

mapping and LBS providers need to ensure stuff's accurate, as it may adversely affect others...

please use any mapping provider's report or edit tools to correct the problems. we need to all work on this together and help them out...