Whats wrong with my browsers?

so i have IE and chrome installed on a lenovo laptop with 8gb ram and a i3 processor.

ive noticed recently that opening several tabs in chrome causes it to stall. So all the opened tabs never really load pages, just like you're viewing via a 56kps modem!!! after a few minutes it does load, but the sites are nearly impossible to use, the scrolling is slow as hell.

howwever the rest ofthe computer is fine.

i thought the ram may be corrupt so changed that, reinstalled flash but and cleaned up the browesrs, still no better :( any suggestions as to whats happening?

Could be GPU? My chrome with a count of 29 (currently) open tabs is a RAM hog and is fairly GPU intensive due to flash etc.

so i have IE and chrome installed on a lenovo laptop with 8gb ram and a i3 processor.

ive noticed recently that opening several tabs in chrome causes it to stall. So all the opened tabs never really load pages, just like you're viewing via a 56kps modem!!! after a few minutes it does load, but the sites are nearly impossible to use, the scrolling is slow as hell.

howwever the rest ofthe computer is fine.

i thought the ram may be corrupt so changed that, reinstalled flash but and cleaned up the browesrs, still no better :( any suggestions as to whats happening?

Out of curiosity do you have windows 8 installed? If not... try to disable flash plugin, I also exactly the same issue and I'm trying to pin point the problem...

no just windows 7.

fyi sorry about the typos' was typing when the computer went all m25 clockwise traffic gangdum style

i deleted all extensions/addons for chrome and IE

cpu is fine, it can happen seconds after starting up to hours into laptop usage.

Just an FYI, flash is built in to chrome so I don't think it can be completely disabled. That's from what I've seen anyway.

I have my flash on "click to enable" and chrome works so much smoother

I already pin pointed my problem, in my case is that my main drive decided to fail on me, it's still readable but the count of the reallocated sectors is going up non stop :(

also it's good to keep track of I/O reads and writes... enable those columns in task manager and keep an eye out and try to minimize usage of that. also have the delta enabled as well... when stuff gets too out of hand kill it...

I know when I used WMP my Page fault delta and I/O reads were high as hell.... like 6x more then jriver media jukebox.... I got tired of my drive grinding like enrique iglaseas!!!!

also ... STAY AWAY FROM REALPLAYER/REALDOWNLOADER!!! those have high I/O as well

spoolsv.exe is pretty bad about that as well....

also it's good to keep track of I/O reads and writes... enable those columns in task manager and keep an eye out and try to minimize usage of that. also have the delta enabled as well... when stuff gets too out of hand kill it...

I know when I used WMP my Page fault delta and I/O reads were high as hell.... like 6x more then jriver media jukebox.... I got tired of my drive grinding like enrique iglaseas!!!!

also ... STAY AWAY FROM REALPLAYER/REALDOWNLOADER!!! those have high I/O as well

spoolsv.exe is pretty bad about that as well....

What is "the delta" by the way?

What is "the delta" by the way?

The change in the number of page faults since the last update

WMP's P/F Delta stayed around 2,000-8,000 and spiked to 15,000 sometimes....

(My music would start stuttering and needing to buffer a good bit when it spikes up a lot)

JRMJ's P/F Delta stays around 250-500 and spikes to 1,300 sometimes....

(very rarely does my music stutter or need to buffer)(JRMJ also has a "play files from memory instead of disk" option but I don't use this)

and I use even larger playlists with JRMJ then I do with WMP.

Chrome spikes to 15,000 loading all 22 tabs resuming from sessions... hovers around 500.

How does yours look?

The change in the number of page faults since the last update

WMP's P/F Delta stayed around 2,000-8,000 and spiked to 15,000 sometimes....

(My music would start stuttering and needing to buffer a good bit when it spikes up a lot)

JRMJ's P/F Delta stays around 250-500 and spikes to 1,300 sometimes....

(very rarely does my music stutter or need to buffer)(JRMJ also has a "play files from memory instead of disk" option but I don't use this)

and I use even larger playlists with JRMJ then I do with WMP.

Chrome spikes to 15,000 loading all 22 tabs resuming from sessions... hovers around 500.

How does yours look?

Firefox spikes to 11000... but so far most of the times keepts at 100.

That's not too bad....

Thank you for the delta PF, it's just what I was looking for, for some reason my browser has not frozen though... but if I see something like that now I know where to check it :D

Thank you for the delta PF, it's just what I was looking for, for some reason my browser has not frozen though... but if I see something like that now I know where to check it :D

Ha ha... No problem-o ;-)

I watch over it more and am kinda anal about it cuz my music stutters when that kinda thing spikes high and when it stutters it's very annoying!!!!

• 1 month later...

I have my flash on "click to enable" and chrome works so much smoother

where is this in the settings?

where is this in the settings?

Don't remember. Not on my pc at the moment I'm on business trip away from home so...sowwy can't tell yah now just Google it for now