Windows 8 Pro Media Center available?

I got mine yesterday

Thank you for registering for our free Windows 8 Media Center Pack offer! **

Here?s your free Windows 8 Media Center Pack product key:

XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Follow these steps to add Windows 8 Media Center Pack to your PC running Windows 8 Pro:

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you?re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search).
  2. Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
  3. Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.
  4. Then tap or click I already have a product key.
  5. Enter the product key, and then click Next.
  6. Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.

Your PC will restart automatically and Windows Media Centre will be available for use.

Now running Windows 8 Pro with Media Centre :)

I still didn't get it and on IE10 the site does nothing to submit my email only Chrome LOL. EDIT: NVM IE is working for it now but I still didn't get my keys :(

I finally got my keys on both my emails at the same time lol! Anyways the update killed my UEFI settings in my bios so my computer didn't boot up after the restart lol. If you have this issue it's a simple fix just pop in your Windows 8 Installer CD go to the device boot menu and click UEFI boot for the CD than click repair computer then click reboot into Windows 8 and that'll fix it very fast and easy :)

Also, check your spam folders. The email from "Windows" about the release of Windows 8 went into my spam folder on Gmail, and as the MCE keys are from the same sender they might end up in junk as well

I finally received my product key for it and installed the puppy. It's nice, of course, but I'm a little surprised that it basically looks exactly like it did in Windows 7. It's got the glossy, glowing, aero look and feel to it. I guess I was expecting it to visually be more in line with the look in Windows 8.

Correct, they didn't really change MC.

To me that's a huge missed opportunity in the age of media machines.

To me that's a huge missed opportunity in the age of media machines.

There was actually a big blog post about it. People weren't really using MC.

I wish they had done more work on it and kept at it.

I love MC and personally don't agree with this move.

I don't think the MCE is all that bad as it is, but yes it is a shame no real work was done on it. I still use it very frequently so although I understand Microsoft's reasons for working on other things I'd like to have at least seen some changes made.

I wouldn't recommend MCE as a desktop media player, it's interface is a bit clunky for mouse and keyboard input but as a PVR, and for interfacing with the IR Receiver and remotes MCE computers shipped with it's unbeatable in my opinion.

Not quite...in fact I'm amazed that you said that...since you should know that different licenses determine at times how a SKU will behave.

In this case, it doesn't matter.. Windows 8 Pro supports Windows Media Center. It doesn't matter if it came from VLS, Technet, MSDN, etc.