I used to use Box, are they still good?

No idea, I just made the account and forgot about it lol

There is a windows 8 metro app for box though

#17 grayscale

grayscale

Neowinian

Posted 07 October 2012 - 15:07

I used to use Box, are they still good?

Desktop sync is good but the file limitation is the downside (if you're just a free user :p )

I tried to upload 2GB file, got this: Please upload files less than 200 MB.

Damn, FAQ says there are no file limitations. Is that through the browser or the sync app?

#18 OP Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 07 October 2012 - 15:10

Desktop sync is good but the file limitation is the downside (if you're just a free user :p )

Damn, FAQ says there are no file limitations. Is that through the browser or the sync app?

I've just dragged a 3.3GB windows 8 ISO into the idrivesync software and it is uploading it fine

#19 jackkk1

jackkk1

Neowinian

Posted 07 October 2012 - 15:14

Through the browser, i hate having to install any additional addons or software just to get the functionality which can be provided by a browser.

#20 grayscale

grayscale

Neowinian

Posted 07 October 2012 - 15:27

Through the browser, i hate having to install any additional addons or software just to get the functionality which can be provided by a browser.

Fair enough. This is intended to be a syncing service so a desktop app is expected but we have our own ways of using stuff.

#21 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXIX

• Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 07 October 2012 - 15:57

I might stick with Skydrive, IDrive is not that great

plus I have 20gb on Minus

#22 ArialBlue

ArialBlue

var lulz;

Posted 07 October 2012 - 16:18

25GB on Skydrive is plenty for me crap. Now if they only allowed smut on there...

#23 +Medfordite

Medfordite

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy Axiom

Posted 22 October 2012 - 23:45

I am attached to Charter's Cloud Drive service as a customer. They keep switching from 10TB limit to unlimited space allowances. Still haven't found a reason to use it because I am too paranoid about my data. I figured I had a solution to this - send encrpyted files up to the cloud drive! So as a test, I tried to encrypt some files (Family Photos), as a test. Ended up with a 23gb file. Got kicked back for too large of a file to upload.

So, there are some reasons to have a file upload size limitation requirement for some services. If I knew there was a limitation, I wouldn't have spent the time pushing files into the Encrypted container (Trucrpyt).

How can one truly be sure your data you send up to these 'cloud services' will not be 'accidentally erased' some day in a server glitch or some mishap that they come up with? Or, what about a rogue employee that is bent on getting fired, decides to snoop around in your files?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!