Theives Steal A Sidewalk

TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) - Toledo Police are asking for the public's help in identifying two suspects that stole a sidewalk. :huh:

Two men walked into Dena Knighten's yard and stole slab after slab of concrete pilling it up in their truck and driving away with it.

"I'm very frustrated, because there's nothing, I mean I got to replace this and it's going to cost me more than it costs them to even...you know whatever they got for it," said Knighten.

Knighten said she is not the first one in her neighborhood to be targeted. Knighten believes the same men are responsible for the other thefts.

"On my camera, when they came by they had something in the back of the exact same truck that they use to take mine away they had it covered up just like they had mine covered up...the same way, and they were riding, they rode down through here," said Knighten.

Knighten has four cameras set-up on the exterior of her house. The cameras caught both suspects and their truck on video.

Police say the only benefit the concrete could have is reusing it on a construction project.

"While I'm assuming what they're going to do is just re-use this sidewalk, somewhere else. It's probably somebody that's involved in some type of construction or home modeling business that is maybe going to try to reuse this somewhere else on a job site," said Sgt. Joe Heffernan.

Police say people get away with these types of unusual thefts by acting like they know what they are doing.

"Looking very obvious in what they're doing that could also be a cover for what they're doing. Especially when it involves something like stealing sidewalk because let's face it not very many people steal sidewalk, so it's not going to look like somebody may be doing some criminal activity," said Sgt. Heffernan.

Any information regarding the theft or if the two men or truck look familiar, call CrimeStoppers at 419-255-1111.

source

Actually it's not unusual for thieves to steal pavements if they are made of old, expensive stone as opposed to regular flags. It happened near me multiple times as it's all cobbled road and proper stone pavements.

Actually it's not unusual for thieves to steal pavements if they are made of old, expensive stone as opposed to regular flags. It happened near me multiple times as it's all cobbled road and proper stone pavements.

yes, but this was just common cement. You can get a big bag of it cheaply..even industrial stuff not the cheap quik-crete stuff.