• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 oliver182

oliver182

Neowinian

• 420 posts
  • Phone: Alcatel OneTouch Idol Ultra

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:41

I have a bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering , quite useful so far.

#32 +LogicalApex

LogicalApex

Software Engineer

• 6,242 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:47

BBA in Entrepreneurship

Not sure what you mean by not getting a good education in public schools though. I'm a product of public schools and I like to believe I've turned out just as well as my private school peers (and haven't been told otherwise).

#33 kawasabi

kawasabi

Neowinian

• 665 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:48

Still on level 6.
Can't get past the teacher on level 7.

#34 JonathanVP

JonathanVP

Neowinian Senior

• 1,646 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:48

BS in CS
MBA and another Masters
Right now, 3rd law school student.

#35 Arpit

Arpit

The neowin lurker

• 2,019 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:52

BMath in Math/Business - Finance
CMA designation (one of the 3 accounting designations in Canada)

Entrepreneur wannabe, lost in life, lol...

#36 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Neowinian Senior

• 2,024 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:53

High school. Didn't study further as I don't work. Will never need to either. :)

#37 Tony.

Tony.

Neowinian Senior

• 6,996 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:53

Erm, GCSE's which weren't great since I was messing about a lot in High School and was off for 2 months after an incident with another pupil had to be investigated (I was the victim :p)

Went to college, twice, but had to drop out both times because of problems at home, I do have GCSE equivalents in Maths and Literacy at level 2. I'm 25 now and job wise I'm not doing good. :(

#38 YouAgain87

YouAgain87

Neowinian

• 170 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 16:56

I hold a B.A in Politics and a MA in International Conflict Studies. Thinking about pursuing a MPhil or even a PhD.

#39 deinabog

deinabog

Neowinian

• 102 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 17:04

I have a Bachelor's degree in Africana Studies from CCNY and have attended grad school but didn't finish (I started playing Descent toward the end of my studies and found it infinitely interesting not to mention fun). I'm largely self-taught regarding computers and I parlayed my hobby of building them into full-time employment at a university here in NYC.

#40 what

what

Neowinian Senior

• 7,479 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 18:01

BSc. An MSc is a possibility in the future but I'm not sure about it yet.

#41 IceBreakerG

IceBreakerG

Local Ninja! Code Ninja That Is.

• 2,132 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 18:25

I have an associates in application development and am currently working on my bachelors in engineering technology (focusing on software development again).

#42 #Michael

#Michael

Neowinian Senior

• 6,171 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 18:39

I hold a Master's of Science in computer information systems.

#43 +Phouchg

Phouchg

Resident Misanthrope

• 5,689 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 19:07

Full of BS in programming engineering. Ok, not really - it's my last year (of four/six) and I have found (a while ago, but still much too late, perhaps) that I don't have what it takes - math, logic, focus, lately, also interest. These days every other asshat scripter calls himself a programmer (or a "programmer"). Me - if I'm not doing it right, I'm not doing it at all. So I don't plan on completing it.

#44 briangw

briangw

The best damn band in the land!!!

• 3,445 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 08 October 2012 - 20:20

BS in Public Health Education
Associates in Network Administration
MBA
Masters in IT Management

No PhD in my near future.

#45 Coagulated

Coagulated

Neowinian

• 479 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 21:10

GCSEs
Two AS Levels? I can't actually remember.

I fell out with education when I started my GCSEs. Just suddenly hit this stonewall for studying subjects I loathed, and I had two teachers in particular that ruined subjects I loved. As such, I went from an A* student down to Cs and for some reason decided to go to 6th Form. I regret going to 6th Form because my heart wasn't really in it and personal problems marred my second year before I dropped out. Went back to College two years later, suffered a personal tragedy, dropped out... dropped back in and just couldn't bridge the age gap with the rest of my classmates - I was there to study, learn, get **** done and they were just there to **** around. I was studying 'Advanced Video Production', and as such there was a ****-ton of group work involved. It's one thing doing group projects that are written assignments, but its another when it involves shooting/editing/dragging loads of gear about.

These days I work as a 'Marketing Assistant' for a niche IT Recruitment agency. I do a bit everything, really; statistics, SEO/copywriting, admin, organising conferences/marketing material, coughteachingIThowtodotheirjobscough and so on. My wage is atrocious (it's actually below minimum wage - but that's another story) but it's a stepping stone to much greater and better things.

I'm about to start learning German come the end of the month, and if that goes well I'm hoping to go German - Spanish - Japanese. It'll take a while, but it'll definitely be worth it, let's just hope I haven't lost my flair for language!