google data protection privacy breach

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 16,696 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 23:23

PS If you want to discuss the purple flare issue I suggest you go to the appropriate thread. It has nothing to do with this subject as explained there.

It was to prove a point. Companies screw up and either they make good, or they will pay a price some how. This is nothing really new to whats been happening for a long time.

PS I dont need you to tell me where to post or what to post. If you have a problem with what I say, I suggest you PM a Admin/Moderator.

#17 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 23:26

As are all companies :p

True. :)

#18 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• 17,370 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 08 October 2012 - 23:47

It was to prove a point. Companies screw up and either they make good, or they will pay a price some how. This is nothing really new to whats been happening for a long time.

Personally I haven't seen anyone act surprised. Have you? I think it's good the media picks up on these things and legislation is put in place to protect consumer rights. Keeps companies on their toes.

PS I dont need you to tell me where to post or what to post.

Luckily I don't tailor the content of my posts to suit your needs.

#19 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 16,696 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:24

Personally I haven't seen anyone act surprised. Have you?

Nope, nor did I say anyone was. Just giving MO

#20 Seizure1990

Seizure1990

Neowinian Senior

• 3,555 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:18

Genius idea for if you don't like your lack of privacy: Don't use Google's services.

If you ask me, this is like making laws that say you shouldn't be able to take photos of people in a public space. Which you can. Where I live anyways.

#21 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 14,347 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 17:01

And when that day comes, please spend a little time considering 'why' so much of our media wants us to leave the EU. Many of the rights you take for granted - consumer protection laws, workers rights - are EU laws.

Many UK laws, including those you mentioned, already existed in the UK beforehand and are actually much more stringent than many of the EU versions.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!