google data protection privacy breach

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,150 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 23:23

PS If you want to discuss the purple flare issue I suggest you go to the appropriate thread. It has nothing to do with this subject as explained there.

It was to prove a point. Companies screw up and either they make good, or they will pay a price some how. This is nothing really new to whats been happening for a long time.

PS I dont need you to tell me where to post or what to post. If you have a problem with what I say, I suggest you PM a Admin/Moderator.

#17 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 23:26

As are all companies :p

True. :)

#18 .Neo

.Neo

Generic User

• 17,482 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 08 October 2012 - 23:47

It was to prove a point. Companies screw up and either they make good, or they will pay a price some how. This is nothing really new to whats been happening for a long time.

Personally I haven't seen anyone act surprised. Have you? I think it's good the media picks up on these things and legislation is put in place to protect consumer rights. Keeps companies on their toes.

PS I dont need you to tell me where to post or what to post.

Luckily I don't tailor the content of my posts to suit your needs.

#19 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• 18,150 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:24

Personally I haven't seen anyone act surprised. Have you?

Nope, nor did I say anyone was. Just giving MO

#20 Seizure1990

Seizure1990

Neowinian Senior

• 3,569 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:18

Genius idea for if you don't like your lack of privacy: Don't use Google's services.

If you ask me, this is like making laws that say you shouldn't be able to take photos of people in a public space. Which you can. Where I live anyways.

#21 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,675 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 17:01

And when that day comes, please spend a little time considering 'why' so much of our media wants us to leave the EU. Many of the rights you take for granted - consumer protection laws, workers rights - are EU laws.

Many UK laws, including those you mentioned, already existed in the UK beforehand and are actually much more stringent than many of the EU versions.