Windows Firewall Makes Firefox Slow

When i enable windows firewall, firefox and ie take a long time to load a web page

when i disable windows firewall, both firefox and ie can load web pages very very quick

Why is this?

Because Windows Firewall is rubbish. Turn it off.

Great advice (N)

Windows Firewall would only make firefox slow if you have it blocked, make sure it has not been added as a blocked app

Couple of things I could think of that could cause this issue. One as stated is sure your blocking something, maybe access to your local dns? And having to use some other dns that really bad? And your getting timeouts too?

Another is maybe there is something going on that is overworking the firewall and causing work so hard that connectivity is suffering?? Without some more details its impossible to say what might be happening.

What I can tell you is that I don't see any difference in firefox performance be it my windows 7 firewall is enabled or disabled. So clearly you shouldn't be having you have issue your having. We just need more to work with to have a clue to what could be causing it - would you be open to someone remote in to see this first hand?

Have you tried resetting all the rules? What rules do you have in place?

I agree suggesting someone just disable with some off hand comment that its rubbish is not very good direction to go in finding the root cause of your problem.

Now where I might agree if your on secure network without any hostile machines, it more than likely you have no use of a host firewall. Just suggesting you disable it without details is not very sound advice.