Mom who glued kid's hands to wall faces possible life sentence

DALLAS ? A Texas woman who admitted to beating her 2-year-old daughter and gluing her hands to a wall is to be sentenced.

Elizabeth Escalona pleaded guilty July 12 to injury to a child. The young mother is scheduled to be sentenced Monday and faces up to life in prison.

Her daughter was in a coma for two days after the Sept. 7, 2011, incident. The girl and her siblings have since been taken into state custody. Police records show the toddler's siblings told investigators their mother kicked the girl in the stomach repeatedly and hit her with various objects before gluing her hands to the wall. She was in a hospital for a week.

Dallas police say Escalona was mad about potty training problems.

source

Does anyone else agree that you must have a license to have children? FTFO, a 2 year old is just beginning to understand the concept of potty training. WTF was this woman (can not say mother here) thinking? I remember thinking that my daughter would never be potty trained, but she manged some how to finally figure it out, and I did not have to beat her, or glue her hands to a wall.

A lot of states are passing very tough sentences for child and elder abuse which cause harm. Texas has this, as does Michigan and ours has a possible life sentence as well.

This one: start by putting her away for at leastth duration of her reproductive years. For fun, glue her hands to her own ass.

how dumb are people in fill in the blank ___ god 2 years old and u decide to beat the living shi*t out of ur child for not going to the potty

well just say she fn nuts should be killed or beated to death in jail good start to the week :)

me ill eat turkey and enjoy my thanksgiving remember oh Canada

She's a Woman, she'll get a slap on the wrist, she could be fighting for custody of that child against the best Dad in the world and she'd win.

Mom gets 99 years for gluing girl's hands

DALLAS (AP) ? A Dallas woman who beat her 2-year-old daughter and glued the toddler's hands to a wall was sentenced Friday to 99 years in prison by a judge who described his decision as a necessary punishment for a brutal, shocking attack.

Elizabeth Escalona did not immediately react as State District Judge Larry Mitchell pronounced the sentence at the end of a five-day hearing. Prosecutor Eren Price, who originally offered Escalona a plea deal for 45 years, had argued that she now thought the 23-year-old mother deserved life.

Mitchell said his decision came down to one thing.

"On Sept. 7, 2011, you savagely beat your child to the edge of death," Mitchell said. "For this you must be punished."

http://news.yahoo.com/mom-gets-99-years-prison-gluing-tots-hands-160458042.html

Mom gets 99 years for gluing girl's hands

DALLAS (AP) ? A Dallas woman who beat her 2-year-old daughter and glued the toddler's hands to a wall was sentenced Friday to 99 years in prison by a judge who described his decision as a necessary punishment for a brutal, shocking attack.

Elizabeth Escalona did not immediately react as State District Judge Larry Mitchell pronounced the sentence at the end of a five-day hearing. Prosecutor Eren Price, who originally offered Escalona a plea deal for 45 years, had argued that she now thought the 23-year-old mother deserved life.

Mitchell said his decision came down to one thing.

"On Sept. 7, 2011, you savagely beat your child to the edge of death," Mitchell said. "For this you must be punished."

http://news.yahoo.co...-160458042.html

So murdering someone is okay but this isn't... something in our laws needs to change. Judges seem to be handing out arbitrary punishments these days.

So murdering someone is okay but this isn't... something in our laws needs to change. Judges seem to be handing out arbitrary punishments these days.

No one ever said this. As noted by DocM, recent changes have created more severe punishments for these sort of acts. I mean, it wasn't long ago that I'd hear about cases of child abuse / child sexual abuse where the scumbags would get off with a slap on the wrist. It was outright appalling. (was going to link you to some stories, but I realized I'm not about to spend my Friday afternoon looking up these horrific cases, sorry)

A lot of states are passing very tough sentences for child and elder abuse which cause harm. Texas has this, as does Michigan and ours has a possible life sentence as well.

To which I'm in total agreement of. Rather long overdue, I'd say.

Does anyone else agree that you must have a license to have children?

It's interesting, to own a pet in some places you have to have a license, to have a child, just functioning reproductive organs. Not brains. Not compassion. Not Love. Just functioning reproductive organs.

• Like 1

Does anyone else agree that you must have a license to have children? FTFO, a 2 year old is just beginning to understand the concept of potty training. WTF was this woman (can not say mother here) thinking? I remember thinking that my daughter would never be potty trained, but she manged some how to finally figure it out, and I did not have to beat her, or glue her hands to a wall.

How on earth do you think that would be regulated? Think it through please...

It's interesting, to own a pet in some places you have to have a license, to have a child, just functioning reproductive organs. Not brains. Not compassion. Not Love. Just functioning reproductive organs.

You forgot to include "the ability to fill out paperwork and live off the taxpayers for 18 years".

It's Texas. Murdering someone in Texas usually gets you on death row...

Fully agree with this sentence. I hope the little girl and her sibs have a better life now.