Old Italian Brand

Old Italian Brand ?Ermini? Getting Revived By the End of 2013

Ermini is an old Italian car brand, and when we say old, we mean really old, as in they made their last car over half-a-century ago. However, that? all about to change, as the brand is being revived with a very interesting new model, currently called the 686. It will be a light , green-minded sports car, with typical Italian styling, a mid-mounted engine and all-wheel drive.

The all-carbon fiber body will hid a tubular space frame chassis, which will get racing brakes and shocks, as well as huge racing brakes. Handling the design are Giulio Campellini and Design Team Ermini, and if the 3D models in the pictures represent a near-final model, then its Ferrari 333 SP routes, as well as other influences are clear (and welcome).

The car is set to arrive onto the scene by the end of 2013, with a yet-unspecified engine. Hopefully it will be small and turbocharged, in order to keep the weight as low as possible, while offering lots of power and torque, which in a car as light as this promises to be a very tantalizing prospect

big_ermini_686_00004.jpg

big_ermini_686_00003.jpg

big_ermini_686_00002.jpg

big_ermini_686_00001.jpg

I want this baby so bad...She's light, mid-engined, and 4x4...mmm...

I wanna take her to a (private) slippery road and do donuts for like 15 minutes...

• 2 weeks later...

If by green-minded they mean hybrid, then no donuts for you!

If they actually make it like the drafts then it will look cool, but that means I'll never afford it

It's a nice looking car, really hope it's not a hybrid as those (awesome) looks suggest performance car...

If by green-minded they mean hybrid, then no donuts for you!

If they actually make it like the drafts then it will look cool, but that means I'll never afford it

It's a nice looking car, really hope it's not a hybrid as those (awesome) looks suggest performance car...

An electric or hybrid motor and performance are far from being mutually exclusive concepts. Speaking about the torque, an electric motor wins, hands down, coz its torque output on a graph isn't a curve, but a straight line. The more power you give it, the more it outputs - it's a direct dependence.

As an example, check out Tesla Roadster, a fully electric car. It does 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds.

An electric or hybrid motor and performance are far from being mutually exclusive concepts. Speaking about the torque, an electric motor wins, hands down, coz its torque output on a graph isn't a curve, but a straight line. The more power you give it, the more it outputs - it's a direct dependence.

As an example, check out Tesla Roadster, a fully electric car. It does 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds.

yeah electic motors can be very painful in cars too because of their fast response to power changes...you get a more sudden jerk when power levels increase and torque jumps, as opposed to a gas engine that builds torque more gradually

• 5 weeks later...

The beef I have with electric cars is less about that and more about practicality, even the worst MPG car in the world can go from empty to full in 5 minutes and be ready to go again. IF your electric car runs out on the highway, it means spending the night at the service station.