• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• 6,599 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S/Nexus 5

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:29

Yeah, BK has a slow drive-thru, as does MCD's in my area. Wendy's is by far the fastest, and also happens to be my favorite of the big three. However, I don't eat very much fast food (maybe once or twice a month), so meh.

#17 vetneufuse

neufuse

Neowinian Senior

• 16,766 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:35

Local Wendy's here may be somewhat fast, but they also mess up orders and sometimes give you cold, poor quality food, with that 'fastness'.

I sware our wendy's is told "if they ask for sauce pretend they gave it to you and hope they dont look"... littearly every single time I ask for sauce I do NOT get it at our wendy's... have to ask "is it in there" ... "yes" ... look after they hand the bag out... "no its not" they get ****ed at this point and grumbleingly go and get the sauce...

#18 ozgeek

ozgeek

Neowinian Senior

• 7,952 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 13:49

Wendys and HJ is very different. Wendy is a ice-cream parler and is usally in shopping centres. IT is not like Hungry Jacks.

#19 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

• 10,000 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 14:21

BK UK = waste of money weatherspoons is better it's £5 for a burger, chips, and salad all better than BKs and you get a pint to boot!

#20 roadwarrior

roadwarrior

Mississippian by birth and by choice

• 12,944 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 14:26

One thing to consider is that BK usually cooks their burgers to order instead of having them sit around like Wendys and McD's. That might somewhat account for the slower times.

#21 cybertimber2008

cybertimber2008

Neowinian Senior

• 1,737 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 14:43

The McD's by me is shoving a coke in my hand before I can even put down the receipt and my credit card from the first window.
Wendy's had me waiting what seems like 5-10 minutes. I can't even count BK as a contender as they have NEVER gotten a single order right on the first try.

I have to agree on that. In fact one morning on my way to work, they went to shove hand me a coke and either the lid wasn't on right, or the guy hit my car roof and popped the lid off, but next thing I know I'm covered in soda. It'd be nice for them to wait to seconds for me to put my receipt away.

#22 soldier1st

soldier1st

Software Tester/Tech/Linux Lover

• 5,302 posts
  • Phone: HTC Incredible S

Posted 09 October 2012 - 15:22

I prefer Boston Pizza. They may be a bit slower, but product quality is top notch and i usually give decent tips. ALL you people want fast,fast and faster but if you wait a few minutes more, then food will be higher quality and less stress.

#23 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,215 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 09 October 2012 - 16:34

I prefer Boston Pizza. They may be a bit slower, but product quality is top notch and i usually give decent tips. ALL you people want fast,fast and faster but if you wait a few minutes more, then food will be higher quality and less stress.

Based on the report it seems that 3 minutes for freshly cooked burgers is an eternity to Americans, sad really, everyone's always in a hurry to go nowhere
Me I stopped getting "junk food" other than Pizza at a local pizzeria, and if it takes an hour for the delivery, so be it, which is the average, but it's great pizza

#24 Mr Nom Nom's

Mr Nom Nom's

Neowinian Senior

• 2,407 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5S 'Space Grey' (64GB)

Posted 09 October 2012 - 16:42

Meh, I know when the CEO for our countries Burger King when to the Asia-Pacific conference we had the fastest drive thru. The goal is 180 seconds but as a manager we're always aiming to get it as low as possible - preferably below 2minutes where possible. One thing to remember is that the drive thru statistics include the customer placing the order - if the customer stares at the board for 2 minutes deciding then there is little the order taker can do to speed up the process.

#25 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,539 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 20:53

^ Restaurants should have a menu board well before the vehicle timer trigger, so customers have a good idea of what they want.

And the order timer should not start until the order is rung in.

#26 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• 8,383 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 09 October 2012 - 20:55

Most of the Burger Kings have closed down in Manchester.

It's brilliant. Those places are so overpriced, and the food isn't even that good.

#27 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,763 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 20:57

Nothing beat Ashton's poutine anyway.

Ahh silly americans and their burgers.

#28 redvamp128

redvamp128

Neowinian Senior

• 3,925 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 21:01

Around here- it is Not BK that has the slowest, but McDonalds.... with their double drive thru -- it already this year has caused 20 accidents ... and is always no less than an 8 minute wait no matter what time you get there but most of the time it is a 12 minute wait

For BK it is only a 4 minute wait.

#29 compl3x

compl3x

Neowinian Senior

• 8,117 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 09 October 2012 - 21:12

Oh noes! My bag of grease is late!

Just die already, tubby.

#30 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 22:06

One thing to consider is that BK usually cooks their burgers to order instead of having them sit around like Wendys and McD's. That might somewhat account for the slower times.

That'd be all right if their food was eatable. Hardees does the same thing (cook burgers to order) and they too are slow but their food is much better. I don't mind waiting for decent food.