Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.Notepad++ 6.2 Released October 9th 2012Whats NewNotepad++ v6.2 includes a new User Defined Languge (UDL2) system, the key features of UDL2 are:
• More keyword groups were added (more syntax highlighting can be defined).
• Multipart keywords are supported.
• Whitespace is no longer mandatory as keyword separator.
• Numbers recognition support is greatly improved.
• Operators and delimiters can be longer than one character.
• The same characters can be used as comments AND operators.
• Comments and delimiters support nesting.
• Improvments to Comments (comment folding, comment continuation...etc).
• In the case of several comment pairs defined, comment open symbols match only with comment close symbols of the same order. Download: Notepad++