• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,321 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 10 October 2012 - 18:08

A few tried and the police shot them down because he was so well respected and wouldn't believe it, very sad really..

My understanding is that the police tried to get them to pursue their claims but the alleged victims didn't want to take it any further.

#17 Brian Miller

Brian Miller

Neowinian Senior

• 2,984 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 21:27

I just wanted to say one thing...

Spoiler

#18 +Lovell

Lovell

,l,(-.-),l,

• 1,657 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 21:34

It's not surprising nothing was done how many woman have come forward saying they knew? so why didn't you say something? how many women have come on TV saying they were also groped by someone famous but they don't want to mention any names as they still work at the BBC!?

#19 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 23:51

It's all a shame and a disgrace.

#20 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

• 8,369 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 23:57

Shouldn't they wait untill charges are actually confirmed. Well I don't even know who he is so...

There's too many women come forward for it to be false imo, and now more stars, Freddy Star infact are being accused of similar things in Jimmy Saviles dressing room while Gary Glitter, a known and convicted paedophile was apparently having sex with an under age girl infront of them all

Freddy Star denied ever having been on one of Saviles shows, until the BBC uncovered a show with him staring on Saviles show, and would you believe, the woman accusing Freddy Star is actually on the video standing right behind him (while he was never even there)

#21 Tai

Tai

kensai

• 1,843 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 00:13

gotta wonder how many more 'pillars of the establishment' have been up to stuff Saville is now accused of.

Another recent story of someone with an honour accused of similar http://www.telegraph...-with-wife.html and as someone said earlier in the thread .. where were the cops, BBC and the rest of the media all this time ....

#22 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,741 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:41

Earlier attempts at pressing charges were effectively blocked by the cops as Saville was too well connected. Also, back in the seventies, sexual discrimination was everywhere.

#23 Dan~

Dan~

Neowinian Senior

• 2,659 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 14:00

I'm in two minds here.

1. He did do it, paid victims to keep it on the hush and as the died the contract died, so they were allowed to speak
2. He's innocent, and the people are making it up now he's dead, as they can't really be proved wrong.

#24 +Lovell

Lovell

,l,(-.-),l,

• 1,657 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 14:15

I originally thought no.2, but usually it'd be someone looking for 15 mins of fame, but after all the celebs and people who have worked for the BBC have come out I'm more inclined to believe no.1, there's simply too many respectable people coming out against Jimmie rather than random people.

#25 Dan~

Dan~

Neowinian Senior

• 2,659 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 22:00

Possibly, but seems like people are going on the bandwagon to show their fake support for victims. I don't really know and never will.

I know one thing in a week this will all be forgotten about

#26 +Lovell

Lovell

,l,(-.-),l,

• 1,657 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 22:07

Aye, same as the Hillsborough cover up, they waited 20 years for the truth to come out and it was forgotten in a week and none of the cops involved will be punished or jailed and yet some Toff calls a cop a pleb and it's still in the media with the police calling for him to resign, really weak priorities. :/

#27 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,304 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:03

I'm in two minds here.

1. He did do it, paid victims to keep it on the hush and as the died the contract died, so they were allowed to speak
2. He's innocent, and the people are making it up now he's dead, as they can't really be proved wrong.

The question you'd have to ask if number two is correct is... why Saville? Why dont people do this with every celebrity that dies?

I'm sure that some of the allegations are false (people jumping on the bandwagon) but I think that the initial one and probably some of the other ones could indeed be true. The old lady saying she saw Saville kissing a girl's neck, for example. I would hope that an old lady who's quite possibly a grandmother would be past the "15 minutes of fame" stuff.

#28 DrCheese

DrCheese

Tell me i'm your national anthem

• 3,013 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:11

The people that protected him should also be charged. If you know of something "iffy" going on and do nothing about it, you're pretty much aiding a criminal act. He wouldn't have got away with it for so long without people covering for him.

#29 Shiranui

Shiranui

Iconoclast

• 3,851 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:40

Glad I never wrote to him to fix it for me, all those years ago.

Anyway, could anyone not from the UK refrain from posting in here, you won't know who Jimmy Saveloy is anyway.

He could be seen on TV groping young popstars, but in the 70s that sort of thing was more acceptable :)